router issue ports closed now

badbunny699

My utorrent worked fine until i hooked up my d-link WBR-2310 router yesterday. i opened my ports, checked my firewalls, did the port checks, went to portforward.com. i've called d-link and that is useless, no one knows anything.

please can someone help me??

I would appreciate it!!

Yes, i had the router connected before and had these same issues.

When i disconnected it, it worked fine. Problem is now the router is an absolute necessity in my household so it needs to work.

Tried several online port testers but i am willing to try more.

Willing to try anything to resolve this issue!!

Thanks a bunch!

Start at the beginning (one end of your setup) and follow to the other end... http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=300000#p300000 is a post I made to endeavour to help with that. If you know the make/model of the modem your ISP gave you... have you tried searching for that on here? It's likely that you're double-NAT'd which is causing the trouble.

You need to remove ONE of those NAT or to forward the port(s) you want to use from the modem to the router and then router to your computer (all the while using correct IPs). Also there is part of the Manual devoted to double-NAT setups.

After reading the utorrent manual on the advanced port forwarding, yes I do think that I have a double NAT issue. The next problem though is that I can not access my modem configuration page to take care of the issue. I have a Speedstream 5242 that ACTS as a router BUT is NOT a router. When I type in 192.168.2.1 all i get is a page that gives me my IP address, subnet mask, type of modem, etc. but it will not allow me any configuration at all.

I was going to post a screenshot of my modem config page but for some reason i can't edit out my IP address on the screenshot with paint, it just keeps appearing. UGH

I have screenshots of my router too that i can post if needed.

If anyone could help me I would so appreciate it.

Thanks!

Archived