Yellow triangle...no router

sonicslayer

I was very hesitant to post something cuz I don't want to sound like a noob (cuz I'm not). Vista. 1MB DL and 250 UL and my ISP is suddenlink (or cox cable). I DO NOT have a router, I just have an ethernet cord from my cable modem to my PC. I have been tweaking for days and still have no more than a 20KB DL speed. I was using the microsoft firewall but have since disabled it and still nothing. I can't seem to do anything with port forwarding. My understanding is that you need a router to port forward. I will gladly answer any questions to make sure this is remedied. Thank you.

No, I am not part of a University Network. It there something I need to be doing with UPnP or something like that? Also in my LAN settings there is a TCP/IPv6 and a TCP/IPv4. When I go into the properties I get the option to obtain an address automatically, or manually put one in.

UPDATE: After careful review I was able to get the green light. My Firewall was still messing it up. Now that it is resolved I am able to get speeds up to 35kbs but it does not stay there. It goes up and then down, up and down all the time.

Ok. Official speed test from dslreports.com

DL: 1066 Kb/s and UL: 230Kb/s with a 17ms latency. I have set up all the settings as recommended throughout the site. I have only been able to get a max DL speed of 36 kB/s and it fluctuates everywhere in between. It likes to hover in the mid 20's though. There are plenty of seeders and leechers so the swarm is not the problem. I don't know if I need to set up a static IP since I don't have a router. My listening port good and it says that it is open and taking incoming connections.

Just FYI: I have been DL a 6gig file and my torrent has been open for 1 day and 3hrs. My average DL speed has been 12.3kB/s.

Archived