[DON'T USE] Mini-guide to help all of you with your speed problems...

1c3d0g

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im new to this ive never used a torrent before, just set it all up im 2mb speed what connection type should i have it set at?? ive got it at 128k and upload limit at 9kbs, upload slots 3,connections (per torrent) 55, connections (global) 80, max active torrent 1, max active downloads 1. Is that all ok? can any1 tell me is that set up right for my speed about thanx help would be appreciated

I have just started to look at downloading torrent and cannot get above 10kb/s on a 2Mb broadband! I have tried all the DrTcp, port forwarding etc, disabled Norton 2006 and enabled Windows firewall so that i could add a port etc.

Still the same, any suggestions that i as a novice can understand?

poopsie90@yahoo.com I think I ticked the box to not see email, so that is it if anybody can help. I will possibly loose my login details for the forum the way things are going.

thjanks

Poopsie....meow

Hello 1c3d0g,

I did not have the time to read evrything, but some only.

I wonder if you could help me for speed problems.

The problems is that the 32459 utorrent port is not open, when I do a speed check it tells that.

I would appreciate if you could help me open it to boost my speed which is now around 0.5Mb.

Please give me some advices.

Thank you...

Hi, I did what was mentioned earlier. But I've got this question. Is it normal for a file, that has only 8 seeds, and 5 peers, to have 9.1 kB/s (download) and 19 kB/s (upload)? I have DSL with upload 256 kb/s and download 1500kb/s. Normally I don't have this issue where the upload is so much higher than the download. Can you help me how to make my download faster than my upload? perhaps i should also mention it has a red arrow, but it's still downloading.

Hi Ic3d0g, I just joined the forum. I am a new user. You said

"I've added a .pdf version of the mini-guide for download. See the top of my original post."

It's either my browser is prevent me to see it or I did not search carefully. I could not fine the link to the pdf anywhere. Can you help ?

I've no clue what happened to it either, but I presume he removed it because if he wanted to keep it up to date, he'd have to make it again for every little change. More trouble than it's worth, if you ask me. Much easier viewing online and just copying+pasting into a text file.

Hi! Hope someone can help me. I have just joined the forum and are new to using Torrents.

Had problems from the off and have ran through the "mini" guide.

Currently running on a Compaq Presario with AMD ATHLON 64 Procesor 3400+ 984mhz and 448MB Ram

With Windows XP Home Edition SP2. This has Norton Security on it.(ive dropped the firewall for utorrent)

I,ve portforwarded and set a static IP address, Checked out drivers etc, Set to DMA and patched the TCP/IP, all as the guide.

Ran the opimizer but not sure what to set to so have tried 2000kbps, is this right????

The modem is a BT Voyager 220v with 2meg connection but when i ran the speed test a few times have had varying results (from 1.2meg to 1.7) is this normal???

I have also ran the utorrent network wizard, telling it i have a xx/2Mbit conection. This set to the following

ul limit 186 KB/s ul slots 8 Connections per torrent 100 Global connections 750 max active torrnets 9

max active downloads 8

Bandwidth ul and dl rates are set to 0(unlimited)

As it is now the connction status fluctuates between yellow and green.

With the downloading this started off poorly and now isn,t bad, one of the last things i downloaded maxed out at 240ish and are more than happy with this. The main problem i am having now is the uloads. The highest it has got to is 25ish but most of the time it hangs around the 3-10 mark and a lot of the time goes to 0.2.this means eta of a few weeks for a 700MB file and i really want to improve my upload speed to keep my ratio up!! P.s the torrent i was running had approx 1000 Seeds and 50 Peers.

Any help would be appreciated ta!!

hi, i loved the guide but the German tool link which was included in the guide doesn't seem to work with my pc.

it says something about my pc doesn't need to be edited and i am currently using winXP service pack 1.

do i have to install service pack 2 to use it?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

1c3d0g, You are the man! ... I did most (everything but the BIOS) of your tweaks and tested my speed with OOo as suggested. I downloaded 92.0 MB in less than 5 minutes and averaged 400+ KB/s!!! Thank you so much.

i'm starting with 100+ kbs and in next few day it is 10-12kbs i dont know why??? im using cable modem , i hear someone tell that some cable network dont need to forward port but need admin to open port and incomming connection is block in filter

Archived