[DON'T USE] Mini-guide to help all of you with your speed problems...

1c3d0g

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I'm a real tech-unsavvy guy and probably you guys hate people always complaining about their speed problems.. however, i tried following the guides given in the mini guide to the bone but somehow, rather than experiencing faster dl speeds, i ended getting worse than before.. my internet connection is an ADSL with supposed dl speeds of up to 10Mbps and ul speeds of up to 1Mbps.. i barely started using utorrent about 2 weeks ago, as i saw that my friend's speeds could reach up to 600kB/s.. so i decided to try it out.. however, my dl speeds have been averaging around 1-5kB/s, which is rather wierd, as my ul speeds can easily reach 100kB/s.. Also, i made sure i selected the torrent with many seeds i.e those that have more than 200.. like for example, i tried dl-ing a 2gb program.. it's been 2 straight days and so far i've uploaded 4gb and only downloaded 1gb of the program only.. i'm really puzzled.. My friend suggested that this is probably due to my router, but he's not too sure either.. i do hope someone could help me out here while risking being ridiculed.. :D

Yah you should probably start a dedicated thread for your problem. Make sure you answer everything in this checklist in that new thread.

Ok as i mentioned, i'm using adsl connection with supposed dl speeds of up to 100Mbps and upload speeds of up to 1Mbps.

● i'm using windows xp pro sp2 as well as realtek network adapter. i have disable the windows firewall and uninstalled my norton antivirus program already...

●IL also have tested my speed settings using the Ctrl+g when on utorrent and let them test the portforwarding to ensure that it is the right port.

● I'm using Singtel, which is from Singapore, so could it be that is blocks bittorrent? i'm not too sure.. i know that singapore has strict IP laws, but i'm not sure if they actually enforce this on bittorrent.

Is there anything else that i should mention? :D

Sloshua: yep just patch the TCP/IP file to 608 and set the net.max_half_open parameter to 304 and you're good to go. ;)

Hofshi: that's because Ludde and Firon feel differently on what settings are "better". :P I say use whatever you feel works best for you. ;)

Thanks guys.. i'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!! i guess the main reason i couldn't maximise my dl speeds even after using the mini guide was 'cause singapore is just too well connected in the night, thereby choking up the bandwidth.. Finally able to reach 100kB/s and above! (in the mornings that is).. Great Job :cool: Keep on rocking :D

I tried this torrent again, and on the OOo I can't get speeds over 30kB/s . I think that my ISP started to throttle downloads as well now. :(

There aren't any µtorrent/141B on that torrent,so I can't use Encryption and I can't be absolutely sure if it's my ISP or something in my settings, but I'd guess it's the former rather then the latter.

Archived