utorrent not connecting to peers/seeds with bad tracker

galapogos

I'm not exactly sure if this is a tracker problem, but when I moved some of my transfers from BitComet over to uTorrent, I noticed a few problems.

One of the transfers has a "bad" tracker(Bitcomet reports "Error:Tracker Response Error:torrent not registered with this tracker at..." and uTorrent reports almost the same thing). It was reported as 9.0% done on BitComet but when I moved it over to uTorrent it was only 7.6% done. On a 21GB transfer that's a lot of data to be losing. After waiting for a couple minutes and having nothing happen(no seeds/peers), I moved it back to BitComet and it was back to 9.0%, and BitComet was able to connect to a couple of peers. Why does this happen?

The tracker deleted the torrent.

However Bitcomet may have a peercache so it remembers peers that connected earlyer before the tracker decided to kill the torrent.

This way it can still download without the use of the tracker itself.

uTorrent though doesnt have the peercache from Bitcomet.

It cannot connect to the tracker because the torrents isnt registered anymore and it doesnt know any peers to connect to because of no previous successfull connect.

Yeah the % completed is kinda strange. That's not the only file affected too. I had another file on BitComet that I was seeding(100% done) but when I moved it over to uTorrent it became like 98-99% done and I had to download for a couple minutes before seeding again.

Archived