Speed problems - BTHomeHub

Gamerz2006

Hi everyone, i am having issues with port forwarding, i have tested the port and it says its not open.

I then followed the link to the guide......followed the guide and it still isnt working.

BTHomeHub router. windows Live onecare

Ps D:11.7 kB/s T:7.9MB

and exclamation mark to left of that.

please help ahhhhhhh

British Telecom throttles BitTorrent traffic...during peak and/or "regular" business hours, you may get only 30 KiloBYTES/second download max...and maybe less up. :(

You may have another firewall -- such as a software firewall...or worse, a virus causing uTorrent to be firewalled.

Thanks for your input Switeck, i did also add torrent site to my software firewall.

i shutdown my pc and then went on late at night, had better download speeds and a green tick on utorrent, in the day my download speed is lower, but not as low as it was and i still have the green tick so i am sorted by the looks of it, cool.

Just curious why my upload speeds are so much more than my downloads?

If you set upload speed max in uTorrent higher than your connection can sustain, then your download speed gets crippled as the critical reply packets uTorrent sends out to maintain download speeds aren't sent out in a timely manner...many are even LOST on sending by the ISP dropping them to keep your speeds at/under max.

Utorrent should be able to upload at the max speed you set it to (bouncing within 2 KiloBYTES/second above/below).

Archived