Can't Download Torrent Files

phodecidus

I guess this doesn't count as a uTorrent problem but I've never had this problem while using other clients. I can't download torrent files. At all. I can only obtain .torrent files from trackers that have the "download as a text file" link. Even that doesn't always work.

The confusing part is that I can download files of all types - just not .torrent files! I've been running uTorrent with Kaspersky A/V for months now and this problem has only popped up recently.

I was thinking it might be something to do with Firefox. Nope. Internet Explorer wont download torrent files either. uTorrent gives me a "timed out" error if I try to open torrent URLs directly from uTorrent. How am I supposed to download torrents now?

ISP interference likely. You don't get around it unless whatever is interfering can't tell you're trying to download application/x-bittorrent MIME-type .TORRENT files. Search around here you'll see this usually happens inside managed LANs or in places where the IT department knows how to keep you from using the network in a way which may make them liable.

Archived