user mapped-section open???

crutchfiea1

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, Just like everyone else, this error jacks up everything, and it just appears randomly. Never had this problem before 1.8, and I've been using U/T for years now. It clears up when you force a recheck, then a forced start makes it go again, but sometimes it comes back, and back, and back. I've deleted all torrent files on my H/D and it makes no difference. Kinda stinks when it happens at night, or when I'm at work and not around to check my downloads. Waste of valuable time. I hope you guys can get this fixed. Otherwise, great job and fine product. Thanks for the support.

The cause eludes us at the moment. I'm moving this thread into the Found Bugs forum.

To anyone experiencing this problem:

- Tell us what security software you're using

- As well...

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

May be a bit difficult to recreate the error...you know the saying, one who throws the horseshoe without aiming will score, and the one who aims will miss (or something like that). I'll try tomorrow. Have to think of something to download though.

EDIT: OK well, it has begun. utorrent is highlighted in purple, does that mean it's logging it? I've never used this program before, so I don't know. But I did press ctrl-e, and searched for and found utorrent.exe. But I don't know if it's logging it. The only indication I have that it is logging is that utorrent.exe is purple. Or maybe it just logs everything and I save it after? O.o

Anyways, I'll have to save this as a .txt file because it doesn't give me the option to save it as anything else.

The purpose of this message is so someone can tell me if I'm doing something wrong...Here's to hoping this solves our problem.

OH yeah one more thing, should I upload a .rar with the .txt file of the hijack this, and the process explorer .txt, or should I just copy and paste the contents right here? It would be very long if I just copy and pasted so I don't know.

Oh...DAMN I read that wrong and got explorer instead of monitor. My bad, I feel dumb now, but it's ok because I didn't get the user mapped error this time. Though that's also bad news...in a way...I'll get something else tomorrow, this time I'll use Process MONITOR.

EDIT: Never mind, you said Process Explorer before. But I'm guessing it was a mistake? Anyways I'm using Process Monitor now. Here's exactly what I have done:

-started process monitor

-opened utorrent

-pressed ctrl+e to capture events

I tried filtering by PID but when I set it to exclude it seems to stay the same, capturing everything. When I set the PID to include utorrent.exe everything disappears...

EDIT2: Found utorrent.exe (hard to miss with so many) on the list, right clicked it>highlight>PID. Now when I save it I'll just set it to save only the highlighted ones. Am I doing this right?

Ummm...I did a filter by process name, and it worked...and I have the error, did a hijack this log...but the PML file is big. It wasn't even complete and the file already read 140 MB. I'm guessing it's probably not supposed to be that big. Is there anything I can do to trim it down? Possibly not save the millions of "SUCCESS" results?

It's ok, I closed utorrent and process monitor. Then I opened the process monitor again, then utorrent. Utorrent ran for a little bit downloading the files like normal, then the error happened again, and I have it in a nice, 578 KB zip file here for you to do some 1337 analysis. http://www.mediafire.com/?lmj4cni1mzu

Enjoy...and hopefully it was some help.

It's ok, I closed utorrent and process monitor. Then I opened the process monitor again, then utorrent. Utorrent ran for a little bit downloading the files like normal, then the error happened again, and I have it in a nice, 578 KB zip file here for you to do some 1337 analysis. http://www.mediafire.com/?lmj4cni1mzu

Enjoy...and hopefully it was some help.

Can you point out exactly when the error occurred and on which file?

Archived