Vista home premium on PC and laptop/ laptop has error

core9

Hi guys, Any help with this would be appreciated. I have been running Utorrent for 2 years and have been able to figure out many problems, but this one stumps me. I 'am running vista home premium on both my pc and my laptop, I 'am using windows live one care full subscription with my pc being my hub computer to monitor firewall-virus etc. Everything there seems to have utorrent in the exceptions list on both to allow connections. And I have thumbnails unchecked in the folder options.

Whats happening is utorrent on my pc works fine but on my laptop I get the error access denied. Is this a router issue? What am I missing?

corey

It's a software issue, read this yet? http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#I_get_Error_Access_Denied_and_.C2.B5Torrent_halts_the_torrent

If you can't figure it out:

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

Thanks for the info. But the crazy thing is I ran the process explorer and then had an idea, It started when I couldn't find the utorrent exe. file in my start all programs. Well this was in my standard user account on my laptop. So I logged out and signed in on my admin. account and I double clicked the exe. file on my desktop and then loaded a torrent file and it's downloading fine no access denied errors. I use the standard user account because I had problems with setting up my network when I got my laptop a couple of weeks ago, And one of the vista forums suggested using a standard account to access my files on my PC for sharing.

Strange. If you have any ideas please advice.

Archived