Transferring µtorrent across Win installations

Articuno

Hiya

This question has undoubtly been posted already but I couldn't find an answer to it so forgive me for posting it again...

I'm about to format my Windows XP Home SP1 installation because I want to upgrade to Windows XP Pro SP3. However, there are still a few torrents that are sheduled to complete only in about 5 weeks (VERY low downspeeds) but due to a malware infestation I can't wait any longer for the cleaning operation!

So my question is: is there any way I could 'save' my current µtorrent state and resume downloading in a new (clean) Windows installation? Both the µtorrent folder and the partially downloaded files are not located on the Windows drive, the only µtorrent files on the windows drive are located in the %appdata%\µtorrent folder.

Many thanks to whoever can help me with this issue!

Greetz

Articuno

http://utorrent.com/faq.php#How_can_I_backup_my_settings.3F

Straightforward... ;)

Be sure the uT closes cleanly for the last time or you'll get rechecking. Also be sure on the NEW installation you keep the same volume name (C:) and directory structure (don't rename your subfolders in the torrents). After that, you'll just start up uTorrent.exe on SP3 and be good-to-go.

Archived