trouble forwarding port

jrt2006

Ive been trying all day and cant narrow down my problem, here is my set up:

I have an Arris Modem - Model TM402G/TW

and a Belkin Wireless Router - Model F5D8231-4

I have followed the instructions on port forward website with no luck, any help greatly appreciated!

I'm running SUPERantispyware on my computer, there is no firewall installed (windows f/w disabled) The Arris modem, I'm not sure, its not wireless and only has 1 ethernet input

here is a description from the site:

Application:

The Touchstone Telephony Modem TM402G delivers two lines of primary line Voice over IP (VoIP) along with High-Speed Data Access. The Touchstone Telephony Modem TM402G includes an integrated lithium-ion battery back-up capability that helps guarantee continued service of up to 8 hours during an extended power outage.

is there any information you need to help?

"The Touchstone Telephony Modem TM402G delivers two lines of primary line Voice over IP (VoIP) along with High-Speed Data Access"

...sounds like a modem-router.

Look in SUPERantispyware for anything that sounds even vaguely firewall-like. Anything internet related, such as spam filter, spyware blocker, etc...

SUPERantispyware has nothing related to a firewall, just a scanner for virus with real time protection that i have turned off.

edit:: I read through the portforward site forums and it stated that if the displayed External IP address on the home page of the site is the same as your WAN IP address then you do not have the 2 router problem.

Some routers cannot port forward to LAN ips in their dynamic (DHCP) ip range.

You have to assign your computer a manual LAN ip outside the router's dynamic (DHCP) ip range...possibly shrinking the dynamic ip range as well.

Belkin routers also do not handle lots of traffic at once, such as many ip-to-ip connections at once. I've heard even 60 may be too many. :(

is there a thread location for instruction on how to do the above? Or is it not even worth it?

an ideal of my speeds, I speed tested and recieved an avg of 5000 Kb/s down and 450 Kb/s up

a torrent with 254(306) seeds and 17(106) peers was running around 193 - 206 kB/s while another torrent with 26(78) seeds and 7(85) peers is running between 78 -93 kB/s

do you see a problem or am I freaking out for nothing?

Archived