No Incoming Connections

notsofast

Hi

I keep getting the above error on the yellow triangle at the bottom status bar in utorrent 1.7.7. I do not have a router or a modem. My connection is a 2Mbs cable line provided by Tata Indicom. The only firewall i have is windows firewall and i have tried disabling that before turning on utorrent. I am currently using AVG as my antivirus( though i don't think it has anything to do with it).

My OS is winxp. I have installed the lVlord patch and change halfopen connections to 50 in windows and 40 in utorrent. My speed is not bad if DHT / peer exchange is enabled on a torrent however on torrents with low number of seeds or private trackers, my speed is horrible. Does anyone know whats causing the "No Incoming Connection" error and how to resolve it.

If you have a cable line, there's a cablemodem somewhere. It may even contain a mini-router and/or firewall that needs to be configured or disabled to get you unfirewalled.

If you're on a shared network that's connected to a cablemodem, then you're almost certainly connected to the cablemodem through a router that isn't port-forward.

Your cable line may be 2 megabits/second download speed max but the upload speed max is likely less than 1/4 of that. uTorrent's settings are based on upload speed max...and setting them too high can cause all kinds of problems, EVEN firewalled conditions.

Halfopen connection limit in uTorrent is best left set to 8...or even reduced to 1-4 if you have connection problems.

The 1st and 2nd links in my signature may help...

Archived