bittorrent causing internet to not work?

Spanky209

I have a problem with my utorrent. It seems whenever I have utorrent running, my internet connection is almost completely killed. It takes like 20 minutes to load google.com for instance, and my torrents time out. This only happens on this one computer. I have a good connection to the rest of the computers on my network and they can browse the web just fine (though none of them have a bittorrent client installed). This just started happening 3 or 4 days ago, and today I finally figured out it was my bittorrent program that seemed to be causing it. Almost immediately after I start utorrent my internet dies, and as soon as I exit out of utorrent it returns to normal. I'm using utorrent 1.7.7 with the recommended settings for my connection speed and my isp is comcast. I've read all those news stories about comcast limiting user's bittorrent uploading, so I was wondering if that could somehow be the cause. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

You probably overrated your connection because ComCast allows short-term burst speeds. Speed tests see the short-term bursts and rate the connection speed both down and up immensely higher than the connection can and will sustain.

Your real max sustainable upload speed may be as low as 384 kilobits/second.

Also, you may need to reduce numerous settings in uTorrent to prevent the computer its on from overloading (which it currently is doing.)

1st and 2nd links in my signature should help you further in that regard.

It's a Bug with Utorrent, Bit comet and Azreal torrent apps download the same torrents fine, but as soon as i start to use Utorrent, it trashes my connection. I cant do anything except download the 1 torrent thats active. cant even download multiple torrents. Something occurs that completely shuts out all other internet activities when utorrent is active and downloading. I have a laptop and 2 house pc's and it also Happens everytime on them. And again, the other torrent apps work fine. Please if you could look into it, utorrent is the app I prefer to use. Thanks...

XxGiOxX

Archived