Hidden mpaa or riaa or other monitoring

Slippery

I'm concerned ever since Utorrent was bought by whatever company that was, that our torrent activity is somehow being monitored by your company, and that it could cause us harm by legal action or other means. Many others have mentioned that too in forums of torrent sites. Many don't want to upgrade beyond 1.77 because of this.

What will you tell me about that? Who were you bought by? How can trust be re-established?

Is there any hidden information that is sent out that we aren't being told about?

... and anyone actually who believes this claims that upgrading beyond 1.6.1 has these problems (not above the current stable 1.7.7). Noone has been able to provide proof and as such it's mainly a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear%2C_uncertainty_and_doubt circus still.

And yes the admins at tapecity do say by the end of that thread uT had been unbanned. Though couching their response in user safety... logic and rigorous testing SHOULD override knee-jerk reactions. However fewer and fewer people are logical these days.

By the way the page which is referenced is http://www.bittorrent.com/spyware-free/

And BitTorrent's statement that BitTorrent software is spyware, adware, AND malware free is proof they're willing to face legal repercussions if proven otherwise.

However THEM not monitoring isn't the same as making it easy for others to monitor.

BUT...BitTorrent is by its nature an OPEN protocol designed for peers/seeds to find each other -- even ones you DON'T want finding you!

You don't do "spy stuff" by going to a public place carrying a large sign about what you're doing.

And yes the admins at tapecity do say by the end of that thread uT had been unbanned.

I see a quote taken from HungerCity in the last page saying the ban was lifted at HungerCity. Don't see anything from the Tapecity staff. I would think a formal apology is due.

Archived