2 uTorrents and WebUI's on 1 Server?

gamingneeds

Well, from a webUI standpoint, no, they shouldn't be able to look at each other's files (assuming guest access is disabled and not-so-easily-guessable passwords are picked).

If they want to access their own files... well, you better make sure they don't have access to just any path on the drive that they want to look at, only what thye're allowed to look at.

Well like I said originally, I have 1 server. With that server I also purchased 2 IP's as well as 2 250GB Hard drives.

So, I want 2 TOTALLY SEPARATE uTorrents to run at the same time on the same server. I want both to have the WebUI capability.

So the final layout should look like this:

IP 12.34.567.890

uTorrent w/ WebUI

250GB of Space

---------------------

IP 23.45.678.901

uTorrent w/ WebUI

250GB of Space

---------------------

And this should be on 1 server. So how do I set that up? Also, how do I distribute the IP's to each one?

Please NOTE: These should have their own separate torrents and download folder. They should not cross paths AT ALL.

Thanks. :)

You set it up....

As far as "distribute the IPs" I'm not sure what you mean. If you want them to be separate nothing is distributing.

What Ultima was saying was... keep each user's profile separate and only available to that user. If you don't want them able to see eachother, you should know how to set permissions on folders.

Indeed. Keeping the physical files inaccessible depending on users is not something µTorrent can or will take care of for you. It's up to you to set that up from Windows via permissions.

If you have 2 IPs, then you'll need 2 network cards to utilize them both simultaneously...

I'm not sure if gamingneeds is who I think it is, but at least the situation I'm in is quite similar. I'm setting uTorrent up for a friend on a server. He wants two uTorrents on 2 ips on two drives.

In my case, at least, the server is Linux and uTorrent is running under wine started in a screen session. I think I can start another screen session running as a different user, and it will be like running a separate installation of windows. Then I will just try the two advanced settings of net.bind_ip and net.outgoing_ip, and use different ports.

edit: In this case, at least, because of IP aliasing on Linux, both IPs are attached to the same adapter... if you go to either IP, it points to the same box and goes through the same adapter.

As for setting up two NICs and IPs I can't help you.

As for µtorrent in that situation you'll need to set the net.bind_ip and net.outgoing_ip options in the advanced preferences to the IP-address of the NIC you want µtorrent to use. This will try to bind µtorrent to that NIC.

Furthermore the default rules for multiple clients on one machine apply:

[ul][li]Each needs it own port that needs to be forwarded in the router (to the correct IP).[/li]

[li]Each needs its own (default) download folder(s). [/li]

[li]Each needs to pick the connection with roughly half of the actual upload of your connection in the speed guide.[/li][/ul]

Archived