Protocol Encryption (PE)

andenq

As maybe not everyone knows, Sweden has passed a new law called the FRA law.

This law gives the gouvernment authority to check all information going in and out of the country. This completely sucks! Everything you download Will be checked. So, finding the Protocol Encryption makes me wonder if this is something that can be used to enable us to download without risking anything.

My question is: How good is this encryption? Is it a lame ass encrytion or can it be used to give us secure downloading? :lol:

You're RISKING by downloading content you do not have the legal authority to. I'm not sure of the laws in .se, but in .us you don't even need to be PROVEN to have downloaded something to be found liable of infringement. This means DON'T DO IT. Bittorrent works by ADVERTISING to others on the swarm (hey I am at IP:PORT and I want this set of files with INFOHASH).

Protocol Encryption isn't for obfuscation of the data for listening per-se. It's for allowing the data connection to not be hampered/interrupted for being such a readily open format. Newer bittorrent clients can also get around traffic shaping sometimes (uT 1.8).

Use the search function here and you'll see what you're asking about for "secure" downloading...

Archived