uT exceeds upload limit and halfopen connections

Shadowrun

I've been using uTorrent for the last weeks and it doesn't never fullfill that limits.

UPLOAD LIMIT: With a bandwith monitor I see utorrent uses 5-8 Kb/s more than the limit I wish. So I guess UPLOAD LIMIT doesn't include the overhead for TCP connections (more data downloading >> more upload needed). Maybe u could add an option to limit that?

HALF OPEN CONNECTIONS: My tcpip.sys is not patched and I use values for halfopen connections from 4-8 and my event viewer always shjows a warning every 15-30min telliong me that connections limit has reached. If I close utorrent and use any other P2P programs eventviewer doesnt show any warning in a whole 1 day.

I run WinXP with minimun software, AVG and Spybot fully updated, so I guess there is not any additional software runnign (I checked "windows processes" as well and there weren't any susipicious software).

Thanks in advance.

I'm got the same problem. Utorrent is exceeding the upload limit by 45 kbyte/s, which is in my opinion too much. I don't know how to check the half open connections.

Utorrent is also causing my system to stop working. I can't start any programm and haven't got an internet connection.

If you have high-churn/bad settings your overhead will be large. 1.8 now includes a mechanism to account for that and as such you should see a more "level" bandwidth profile.

What is your net.max_halfopen setting in Ctrl-P -> Advanced

Edit: What I should say is that for accountable overhead from traffic... calc_overhead now takes that into account. If you're running stupid settings, there's nothing to be done but change them.

Bigmin your problem is separate. Half open can be seen from Alt-H-S . Internet dropping is covered in the troubleshooting sticky.

Shadowrun,

Have you tried disabling Resolve IPs to reduce/eliminate the 4226 error messages in event viewer?

Rootkits just get better and better at hiding activity from conventional antivirus/antispyware.

Does Process Explorer show unusual CPU activity?

SWITECK, well, if utorrent didn't exceed limit connections I woulnd't have to disable more options, would i ?

My doubt is why this forum has so many posts about the same problems (exceeding upload and connectios limits), whereas eMule, Ares or SLSK fullfill that options correctly.

DREAD, i thought u were askin another user. Cause I said "when I close utorrent and use other P2P programs..."

No, I only execute 1 sharing program.

But, I've just seen the ALT - H - S statistics and the halfopen connections are between 0-3. However, my evenviewer still warns me about TCP connections limit reached. :( This warning doesnt appear at all when I close utorrent while running other applicacions (so there is no rootkit, no firewall installed/running or whatsoever). :(

EDIT: OFFTOPIC. I tried to private message one mod but I only found "send an email". I'm interested in Teredo programming. Is it there any page/doc with source code examples? Thanks.

Archived