.torrent's not being deleted

Hyosung

Dear Readers,

I don't really remember up till which build of 1.8 that this occurs but...

After I complete seeding a Torrent and select it to 'Delete torrent', the entry from uTorrent is removed, but when I check the .torrent file in:

C:\Documents and Settings\#####\Application Data\uTorrent

It is still there...

So I am not sure if it might have been a setting I might have messed with or what.

Thanks.

I know what they do,

Delete .torrent removes the selected torrent job(s) from the list and the corresponding .torrent file(s) from the .torrent file storage location.

^I want the .torrent to be removed from the storage location (But it is still present when I click it)

click WHAT?

there are multiple options to allow you to do just that. Change your default to remove and delete torrent. IF you have already done that check to see if your torrents or folder is read-only. There's some... problem reported with FF3 (only I believe) where the file permissions are KEPT somehow. Perhaps it will require an overhaul to the copy mechanism if this is not restricted to Firefox... so definitely some more testing would be HIGHLY preferred sooner rather than later. I mean sure 1.8's been in "feature freeze" for months, but that doesn't mean they don't want uT to work for EVERYONE no matter which browser they choose to use. :/ Unfortunately my test time has lacked lately.. and as is I only have access to Firefox 2/3 currently. I could test IE during the week, and maybe even safari... but I'd honestly rather someone else check this out :P

• 1 month later...

This looks like a problem with Firefox 3 on Windows machines.

To fix:

1) Go to "about:config" in your browser.

2) Click the "I'll be careful" button to be allowed into your config.

3) Right-click anywhere in the list and choose New -> Boolean

4) Set the name to this: browser.helperApps.deleteTempFileOnExit

5) Set it to False.

Done and done.

Archived