Trojan

ToRRenTPimP

Downloaded utorrent BETA last week and had to get rid of it a day later as a trojan was flagged by CA-AV. Having an ACER i have had a problem with the odd false positive so has anyone else had a trojan problem with BETA. As far as i can remember it was off here as i downloaded it via the upgrade option in utorrent

i also received the trojan alert after i updated to the 1.8 version

but i'm 99.9% certain that it's a "false positive" :

2/07/2008 2:27:34 Running process C:\USERS\MR.PONGO\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\UTTA439.TMP.EXE: detected modification of riskware 'Trojan.generic'.

manually scanning the quarantined file gives these results:

2/07/2008 3:14:19 File: C:\USERS\MR.PONGO\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\UTTA439.TMP.EXE packed file UPX

2/07/2008 3:14:19 File: C:\USERS\MR.PONGO\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\UTTA439.TMP.EXE//UPX ok scanned

2/07/2008 3:14:22 File: C:\USERS\MR.PONGO\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\UTTA439.TMP.EXE ok scanned

ps: i'm using Kaspersky anti-virus 7.0.0.125

I downloaded it from the upgrade option in utorrent itself the first time and here the second time. The flagged Trojan has descriptions also from Kaspersky etc so it is definately not a false positive although it does flag a false positive in ACERS of C/PROGRAMMEFILES/SYSTEM32/FLAGACER.EXE and that related to the adobie 8 installation file and was only named and described by CA. The one flagged in uTorrent BETA though has descriptions as i've said, from Kaspersky etc so i would say it's genuinne

Spyware Detail

uTorrent

Date Published:

Monday, July 2, 2007

Threat Assessment

Overall Risk:

Privacy:

Productivity:

System Integrity: Characteristics

Category : Trojan

Also known as: Win32.ExplorerHijack [CounterSpy], Trojan-Downloader.NSIS.Agent.ac [Kaspersky], Trj/Downloader.OZE [Panda], DLoader.CLIF [NORMAN]

That's the full description of the Trojan in uTorrent BETA.

Archived