Help Please, Error message after downloding 98.3% of almost 4GB

scottanderson13

The message is "Error: The requested operation could not be completed due to a file system limitation" It is weird because I've downloaded 7GB torrents before with no problem. I am using utorrent 1.7.7 build 8179 and running Vista and have over 20GB free space on harddrive. Please any help will be appreciated. The torrent is 3.88GB and have got 98.3% downloaded. I have tried removing the torrent and then adding it again. The recheck goes fine and it starts downloading but after less than 1mb it errors out again.

Thanks,

Scott

You cannot save files > 4 GiB on FAT partitions.... be sure your drive is NTFS.

Check its status from start->run->compmgmt.msc

Edit: Additionally, if you have diskio.sparse_files enabled you may need to COPY the files, turn off sparse files, and repath uT's data to that directory... Vista has a limitation on sparse blocks for files, leading to many programs disallowing sparse attribute on Vista (including uT in 1.8)

Thank you so much for the help. Not sure what sparse files are, but I tried the copying idea. Copy the file to a junk directory and deleted the original. Then moved the new one to the download directory and reloaded torrent. Recheck went okay and the file just now finished downloading.

Thanks again,

Scott

Archived