trojan

I have a bug that as invaded my machine. The senerio is as follows: I exit utorrent. My anti virus program notifies me that an invader is trying to access my my machine. I deny it access. I box then appears in the middle of my machine called dialog. It has a series of letters and numbers which you are required to enter. It also has wording to the effect is this your are given no option but click ok because it has control of your mouse. It is not necessary to enter anything. Then as is by magic utorrent is open and a program has been inserted as a seed program. I delete it but it keeps repeating the same senerio. Ant suggestions except deleting utorrent

I did as you suggested. Process Explorer found the offender and I think I was able to kill. It is called 6270.exe. It appears to be Russian in origin.Anyways my computer is quiet. I ran my anti virus program and anti spyware program program.They report nothing. Unfortunately Utorrent was a victim. I am unsure if I will reload it. This raid was a big headache. It did teach a very valuable lesson. Stay away from anti virus and anti spyware programs on the net. They are perfect vehicles for people who want to create mischief.

Archived