Seeding options are ignored in Vista

xpronic

I've changed the seeding mode to 'Ratio is: 200% or seeding time is <= 72 hours' and ticked the box to stop seeding when the seeding goal is reached (I put 0). Now I've noticed that this is ignored totally, and the torrents just keep on seeding regardless of what ratio or time I put.

Colloquial or not, "seed while [param1] or [param2] is true" means one thing: as long as either param1 or param2 is true, it'll keep seeding. That definitely sounds like "or" to me :| It's not really colloquial vs. logical -- it's reading a bit more carefully. Admittedly, I was caught by the wording when I first used µTorrent, but that was due to my own carelessness as well :o

I am expecting the same to happen as xpronic.

The settings say to me to stop seeding when the first of the two goals is reached, however, I find that a torrent will seed for 72 hours if the ratio has passed it's limit, but then a torrent I have is still seeding after 4 days because it hasn't reach the desired ratio. :/

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to be reviving this thread but it's all I found.

I'm on 1.7.7 and have scanned to the limit of my eyes the changelog of 1.8 (it's gray on gray!) and I can't find another thread about this.

Also, I'm on XP, but I doubt it matters.

My torrents never stop seeding. I start a new torrent, then clicketyclick on it to get to properties on which i tick "Override default settings", then under "Seed while" choose 200% on ratio and "ignore" on time.

All other limits are 0 and peer limit is off (blank). Initial seed is off, DHT and PEX are ON. Nothing else is odd about it.

It just keeps going. I tried letting it pass 2.0 at ration the tick it, i tried to tick it when it's added, I tried adding a 90 minutes limit. Nothing works.

I am currently looking at a "200% 90 mins" torrent that is at 4.650 ratio and it's been added at 15:32 and it's now 17:15 (it downloaded in 3 minutes or so). I noticed that when a seed while time is set and not elapsed I get an ETA but it just goes down to zero, then disappears and it just keeps on seeding.

Am I doing it wrong? Is it supposed to stop my torrents after ratio is 2? It is for seed only? Initial seed only? Is it broken?

[cut the large message]

Oh, you mean, the one in the options > queuing (spellchecker dislikes the queueing in the dialog?).

Ooooh, I'll try that, that must be it. Can I please have a warning that says "Fine, but that doesn't do anything because of the global setting"? I was under the impression that the "Override" sort of, you know, overrode the defaults so I never checks.

Edit: It works now. WooHoo!

Archived