Norton Internet Security 2008

Torrentia

Download speed from a peer using utorrent is only .5 or 1 or 2 kb/s. However a test of slackware10.2.iso, the download speed was 50 kb/s

How can I fix these horrible speeds. I have followed this site's setup guide for the utorrent settings.

Also my question about ports is how do you know when one is faster than another.

Do you just keep clicking random button and try several torrents to see which port is best?

i HAVE THIS nis antivirus and I have done the following to try and download a torrent from a peer. The peer is connecting find with his other peers (others besides me)

30272 tested port was forwarded properly.

Changed router settings for Linksys wrk54g as follows

Block Anonymous Internet Requests: Disabled

Set up static ip address, and added this port to port forwarding .

In norton I unchecked the box for "MS Windows h.323 bo (2)"

unchecked "invalid TCP Destination Port

under internet prevention signature names whic is under intrusion prevention.

Under Personal Firewall Advance Settings. I unchecked Stealth Blocked Ports, further under General Rules Configure button. The following exhaustive list is checked as follows,only "blocks" are listed, I did not type out the "allows"

DEFAULT BLOCK INBOUND NETBIOS - block

DEFAULT BLOCK INBOUND NETBIOS NAME - block

DEFAULT BLOCK MICROSOFT WINDOWS 2000 SMB - block

DEFAULT BLOCK EPMAP - block

DEFAULT BLOCK UPNP DISCOVERY- block

DEFAULT BLOCK WEB SERVICES ON DEVICES - block

DEFAULT BLOCK LLMNR - block

DEFAULT BLOCK WEB SERVICES DISCOVERY - block

DEFAULT BLOCK SSDP - block

• 2 months later...

I use NIS with no problems, the port I use is 47321 with UPnP and NAT unchecked. I don't know if the port used makes much of a difference though as long as it's forwarded properly for both tcp and udp. The router I use is a wired cheap walmart special from Network Everywhere/Linksys. NR041

Archived