1st time newbie here. Download stopped at 91%?

bestnow2008

There are 0 seeds, so I assume nobody is there to supply the download. Availability is 0.911, so I guess that's good.

If a seed comes on line, would it continue from where it left off, or start new? The download is an old Sherlock Holmes movie, so I guess not many would have it available.

I'm just learning the vocabulary and how it works, so please bear with me.

Availability being less than 1.0 isn't actually a good thing. For you to be able to complete a torrent, you generally need to have at least 1.0 availability. The only time this isn't completely true is if there is a super seeder hidden in the swarm (in which case, you can't really know for sure other than seeing the occasional bit of progress every now and then).

The problem with availability being less than 1.0 isn't that there isn't a seeder on. It's that not all the pieces of the torrent are available in the swarm. You can have no single peer having 100% of the data, yet still have more than 1.0 availability. All it takes is for the combined data of all the peers in the swarm to contain all of the original data.

What you need is for someone with the remaining bits of data to be on. It's likely that it'll be the seeder, but that isn't the only possibility.

You can resume from 91% as long as you don't remove the data and/or torrent.

Archived