setting up peerguardian with utorrent

deanouk123

hi all could any please give me in detail how to set up peerguardian with utorrent please as i had a bit of trouble before with my isp cutting me off for downloading and dont want to be cut off again hope someone can help is this forum coz i know your all great in here and know everything......many thanks for taking time to read this....

WHY are they cutting you off? Did they link you to their usage policy saying you only get a certain amount of data transferred per month (aka a "quota")?

The scheduler is in Ctrl-P -> Scheduler and information to use it is in the manual. The idea is if you're going over a data limit, you need to tell uT to not use so much data.

hi

IAM NOT ASKING FOR HELP WITH THINGS IVE DOWNLOADED JUST THOUGHT ID LET YOU KNOW......i got asked why they cut me off...

they cut me off becouse they said something i download was copy write but how do i know its copy write...

it was nothing to do with the amount of date transferred per month

so how do i download without my isp cutting me off and giving me a big fine???

thanks again for all your replys

THANKS

but iam still not sure what to do to be safe?????

how do i download without my isp cutting me off ive looked allover on this site and carnt find anything......this may seem stupid but how come you can download but also you can get a big fine for doing it????do i just download and hope for the best or not????

HAHAHAHAH reads like a troll, but I'm oldschool and will bite:

anyway, there is no 100% fool-proof way to being safe; hell unless you go through PG and verify every single IP and depending on whicch list your using, there are millions of combinations... are you trusting that every single "bad-guy" is in PG?

Nah, you can be DEAD or not even have internet any more and still get stupid letters. :P

You're never completely safe from idiots.

And even if Peer Guardian blocked EVERY hostile ip 100% of the time, the monitoring companies that generate these cease-and-desist letters often don't even bother to check that the ips they harvest from the trackers are ON the torrents they're monitoring!

Archived