Not connecting to enough peers and seeds

Falconoffury

I read through the FAQ and forums, but I can't seem to find a solution. I'm just not connecting to enough peers and seeds. For example, I'm downloading something with 3 seeds and 7 peers, but I'm only connected to one peer. I need those seeds which seem to exist, but I'm not connecting to them. My global number of connections is set to 384 and my connections per torrent is set to 48, so I should be well within my limits to connect to 10 peers.

I don't know if this is a stupid question as I am new to bittorrent and I'm still learning how it works.

Maybe they're snubbing you for some reason...there's an infinite amount of reasons why they could be doing that. Have you tried this on a larger swarm? If you did, have more peers/seeds connected to you? If this is the case, then your settings are OK and it's this particular swarm that has a problem. :)

Large swarms work just fine. Just some small swarms can get stubborn on me. I'm thinking that some of the seeds are just low bandwidth and being very selective about uploading to a small number of peers.

I download some pretty unpopular files and software, so I have to deal with a lot of little swarms.

Archived