uTorrent scam? Help!

joehathway

When searching for a way to download Divx movies, I came across a site: themoviedownloads.com. I had to pay for a membership which according to the site would allow me to legally download movies (like an iTunes account) However the only thing i got was a link to download uTorrent. Contacting the owners of the site yielded no results, Can anyone give me advice on getting my money back, and tell me whether they have had the same problem?

many thanks

Joe Hathway

Try to get the money back through whatever means you paid... usually people pay by credit cards and are able to dispute the charges. Searching on this forum will bring up more than a few people telling their stories about paying for uT, which is a free program.

There's not much even BitTorrent,Inc. can do unless these download sites which fleece your money are pretending to be someone they're not. The ones I've come across have in tiny print "we only facilitate getting this program..." etc which is really annoying. I can only imagine if I actually paid for uT.

Archived