Forwarding Ports.

drragostea

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was Drain Heart, or is that just parts 1 to 4..

My knowledge is focused just a little more around networking, spybot is more for computer screw ups (already have it for immunizing Firefox), which while I can help with that, I don't have as much knowledge as say jewelisheaven, Firon, Ultima, DWK. Switeck seems to be the speed/ISP-throttling guy. You learn though if you stick around.

Really? How did Spybot do that? It's just adding killbits.

When you mean throttling... do you mean like ISP's interfering and slowing down torrents?

I can't stick around and help because I'm unfamiliar with LinkSys and Belkin routers/modems.

--

Drain Heart... if you're right is right. For the original series.

Verizon FiOS as far as I and I think Ultima have heard is fine. There cellular 'net access is way to expensive though. And Spybot has an immunization feature, it adds bad URL's to the images block list and crap, also effects Internet Explorer and the hosts file.

Well all is well.

Unless there is any other problems I will report back. So far I've set my limits to:

~Download= Unlimited

~Upload= 9kb

I'm get a steady 55-60kb/sec. Is there a way to make it faster or I can just leave it?

SKIEEETTTHHH!

Anyways, I plan to install a good Firewall despite the constant 'harass' of Defense+.

I don't think it will conflict with the connection as long as I allow uTorrent.

Looks like I didn't see your post :P.

My connection is a 768kbps. Nevermind then, because I thought download speed for Firefox is 80kb/sec. So I thought it would apply to uTorrent.

Lols, I actually thought the DNA from BitTorrent will actually "speed up" my downloads.

I think so and it got me up to 77-80kb/sec.

What is the difference between KBps and kbps?

Am I limiting something incorrectly? Or just the settings? I'm supposed to get around 70-79, however I'm receiving 54.3kB/sec. uTorrent listed as a capital B.

Lower case b is bits, an upper case b is bytes. Speed in µT is in bytes, except on the speed guide dialog, ISP's tend to tell you the speed in bits since it makes it look bigger. As far as your settings, I really don't know, 54 ish might be right for DSL. You can try Switecks suggested settings: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=34259

And you could probably squeeze a bit more out by disabling features you don't need: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

I squeezed my upload limit to 8kB and it faster. I attempted to push for a little bit more for limiting it at 7kB and it dropped to 36kB/sec and then rose to 73kB as a peak.

I don't think I can squeeze any more as it might impact my download speeds.

Animated PNG support is lacking in many "current" browsers as it's a relatively newer extension to the PNG standard. Firefox 3 displays it, but not the current 3.1 Safari for ex, and certainly not IE.

Low download speeds usually are the result of poor peer statistics. Forwarding allows you to connect to more peers by serving as the receiving end. You still put out as many requests as before, but you're able to now have your phone pick-up (ring-- unfirewalled). This makes it appear that your performance is better because the data is spread over more peers.

hi gthk i have problem in port forwarding..i have option like public and private ports in router configuration..so wat i am supposed to choose ..i do have screen shots for this as i tried to enter

http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=modemdp9.jpg

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/2106/modem2jx9.jpg

u just check wats d problem behind this..and also i checked d speed of my internet connection through speakeasy speed test the reports are

Download Speed: 1701 kbps (212.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 372 kbps (46.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

so wat should i enter in d upload and download limit options

Yes it's an APNG, it's to try an make people upgrade :P Once you can see it, it's Ichigo gathering spirit force for his final attack on Byakuya, he's in his Bankai state. ****ing awesome episode.

skperfect: What's your network status icon and mouse over message?

hi GTHK i have problem in port forwarding..i have option like public and private ports in router configuration..so wat i am supposed to choose ..i do have screen shots for this as i tried to enter

http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=modemdp9.jpg

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/2106/modem2jx9.jpg

u just check wats d problem behind this..and also i checked d speed of my internet connection through speakeasy speed test the reports are

Download Speed: 1701 kbps (212.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 372 kbps (46.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

so wat should i enter in d upload and download limit options

I just wish the size limit was greater, I was only able to have 3 frames. The original that warns of an incompatible browser, and then the 2 that make up the actual animation :(.

skperfect: Your ports are fine, that's why I asked for you network status icon and mouse over message. Speed guide setting xx/256k.

Great. We have more people hijacking this thread. *cough. skperfect.

@GTHK, but isn't one of those animated avatars... greater in size?

Also, I was thinking about giving BitTorrent's DNA a shot. Found out that I didn't enable it yet. Do you think it will make my downloads faster?

Not a clue. When I read about it last year or two, I think it said something about looking for similar pieces of data to use.

Um.. yes? It IS made of several images. I wonder if I could have encoded the first frame better, I don't remember how I did that one...

Separate discussion of APNG should be split :P What you did was actually use the PNG as your "Your browser does not support this AnimatedPNG", the "graphic" 2 frames is actually in the sPNG chunks or whatever.

DNA ... depending on what version you're playing with is either just a no-GUI uT, or a hidden uT with some extra features. Try as I might I wasn't able to "port" DNA files/torrents into a "real" uT. Something about non-standard .TORRENT structure or extra hash verification.

Your pictures.. Huawei shows up on here as a bit of a troublesome sort. Have you tried in an IP address which is between 150 and 250 and NOT 30? DHCP ranges sometimes cause trouble. As far as your rule the only possibility I see is that you are NOT on the correct IP address as shown from start->run->cmd /k ipconfig

Archived