Adding a Tracker automaticlly to every torrent download...

TCDooM

Hi

I know that there are ISPs that have a p2p caching server and they have their own tracker, my ISP has one, if add that tracker to a torrent i'm downloading thier p2p caching server starts to download it as well and then i get 1-4 peers that i can download from at full speed :)

so the question is, can i have uTorrent add that tracker to the tracker list of every torrent i download automaticlly?

Thanks.

There are command line tools that will let you edit .torrent details. I'm thinking you can copy the original .torrent file to a different directory, rename it, edit it, then move it to an auto-load folder. There was a command line tool that would do this for you in batch, but I can't find it right now.

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#Is_it_possible_to_make_uTorrent_load_a_torrent_from_the_commandline.3F

Is it possible to make µTorrent load a torrent from the commandline?

Yes. The syntax is as follows: uTorrent.exe /directory "C:\Save Path" "D:\Some folder\your.torrent"

You must not have a trailing backslash in the save path, else µTorrent will fail to load it. This works for both single-file and multi-file torrents.

don't know about AllGamer but i know that my ISP has a cache p2p server and that their tracker should be on the list of every torrent i download.

i know the company that develops the p2p caching has some code in the next ver of uTorrent nad Azureus for that...

The problem with the way AllGamer wants to use the feature is the main reason why we don't implement it.

People would use it stupidly.

There are very few ISPs that actually have such a caching tracker in place, and just having the local tracker only really makes it easier to find ISP-local peers that are on the torrent. It doesn't actually directly cause any machine to join the torrent's swarm (as the .torrent is still missing).

true, but their tracker is smart, when ever there is a connection made to it, because it's in the ISP, it has the resources to "know" what that IP is doing, for instance connected to well known trackers, then it starts downloading the same torrent as well and adds 2-4 peers of it's own to the swarm, those peers download much faster and share, lowering costs for the ISP for over-seas connection.

anyway, i didn't think it should be part of uTorrent anyway, i was just looking for a tool to edit the torrents i have :)

Thanks for the prompt replays.

Archived