uTorrent slow downs my internet

BVG

I had this problem from the start.

Whenever I download from µTorrent, my internet gets heay slowdowns. It happens both to Internet Explorer and Firefox. But downloads dont get affected, they are still in teh same D/L speed. This only happens to internet. Why is this happening? DC++ dont slow down my internet when I downloading.

Then at the least you can tell us the exact results of those tests so WE know what to try (and not to try!) next.

My guess though is a Process Explorer and/or HijackThis! log is in order...

For what it's worth, your connection may be able to handle 100 megabits/second down and up just fine...but something on your computer probably can't handle uTorrent running with settings suggested by Speed Guide for xx/100mbit. :(

Since no one else has said anything, look for updated drivers for everything on your PC, and if that fails:

My guess though is a Process Explorer and/or HijackThis! log is in order...

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

Archived