Added new router, now ! appears at bottom of screen

jonesy200916

I had my pc hard wired to a wireless modem router on the other side of the house with port forwarded. To increase wireless range for laptop I installed a Belkin N1 MIMO in between my PC and the modem router for wireless on the other side of the house. Now the tick at the bottom of the screen has changed to a !, no incoming connections icon.

Ugh, this sounds like a tough one.

Well, for starters how has your LAN network topology changed since you added the Belkin N1 MIMO?

Has the computer running uTorrent...had its LAN ip change?

Link 1 and 2 in my signature might help.

(Though I admit link 2 might help only marginally, because if you're hitting a network bottleneck even the settings I suggest probably aren't conservative enough.)

Topology...? I had my pc connected to modem via cat5, put the router in between, everything else works...? Modem still same port forwarded. Changed to static ip even though it worked fine before without. Disabled router firewall (don't know whether or not this was a good idea). Still no good. I tried changing the connection type in the router settings from dynamic to PPoE and entered in the account name & password, Internet didn't work at all, back to dynamic. I don't fully understand this but it didn't work anyway.

Sounds like you're double-NATed. Behind 2 routers, of which BOTH have to be forwarded...and even then it's not always guaranteed to work.

Best bet, if you can put one router in BRIDGE mode or disable routing functions on it entirely.

DMZ mode might also work...but it's a last resort if all else fails. :(

Archived