Local Binding option

Aqualung

Here's what would be nice: a local binding option for those of us with multiple Internet connections/NICs, so that one can make sure that uTorrent uses a certain specified Internet connection (not necessarily the Windows default NIC), and doesn't send Internet traffic the wrong way.

(Searched the forums, couldn't find anything to this effect.)

It has been requested before. :P

There's a net.bind_ip function but at the moment it only binds the listening socket onto the adapter: it still leaves outgoing connections to Windows' choosing. :/

Okay, then, so are you/they going to do it? Is this feature "on the drawing board," as they say?

Thanks for the reply, btw. :D

Already in the latest beta (build 389), I believe =]

--- 2006-01-01: Version 1.3.1-beta (build 389)

- Feature: net.outgoing_ip to specify which IP that's used for outgoing connections.

- Change: Auto detect how much bandwidth to use for DHT

- Fix: Fix some gui bugs.

- Fix: ESC didn't work in torrent props if the tracker editor was selected

- Fix: Sorting files tab by starting piece should show them in the order they appear in the .torrent

- Fix: RSS feed didn't show all the releases unless you manually selected (All) in the list

- Fix: Use CSIDL_DESKTOPDIRECTORY instead of CSIDL_DESKTOP

- Fix: No need to check if stopped files exist when starting utorrent

Download it from here.

Thanks, although that doesn't cover all the details. I did figure it out for myself though. Anyways, local binding works fine both ways in the newest beta: Thank you once again for a great piece of work!

Here's a new suggestion, although it may have been requested before (so I'm not gonna bother posting a new thread ;)): buttons for "move to top" and "move to bottom."

Cheers

Archived