orange icon bellow utorrent

amitrajps

There is an triangular icon down below the utorrent, which should be actually green, but mine is orange and when you hover over this orange triangle it reads:

"No incoming connections

Unless the icon turns green, it could indicate a preblem with your network configuration."

My speeds are very slow and this problem happened out of the blue.

The problem is that most of my downloads are inactive, however, for some reason a few of the downloads are active. All of the leechers and seeders are shown for all torrents, but only the few active torrents are connected to a single seeder, and maybe a couple of leechers. At the moment my speeds are 2.5kbps instead of about 80. I am on a wireless router, however i tried a land connection on a different isp and the same thing happens. I also have the latest u-torrent version, and i have tried changing ports and ensured u-torrent is in the firewall exceptions.

I would greatly appreciate any help given. Im sure the answer is simple so please let me know if you have any recommendations,

Thanks very much.

The biggest ISPs in India now are trying to completely block BitTorrent traffic, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the reason for your recent change.

However there are so many networking software and hardware problems which can cause similar results that we need to rule them out before giving up.

Try both the 1st and 2nd links in my signature.

Do note that being on wireless means you probably shouldn't use as many connections at once as Speed Guide recommends!

Archived