No download rate, Completly red bar

7man

I have read the FAQ and the basic guides and tried what I could to get this download rate figured out, but nothing helped from what I could tell.

I just downloaded this program, and it looks great but I cannot download anything. When I go to a site and try to download something using .torrent I get it in the program uTorrent but when it trys to download it just wont start, I try Force Start and still nothing. I have my download speed at 60 kb/s even though that is really low to my usuall 150 kb/s +. So my question is, is how do I get it to start to download the file I want? If I am missing any info please tell me so I can post it.

I did try #1 but I can't tell what the #2 is, what I could make of it is that you posted connection speeds and stuff about that. So is that saying that I should do something about my connection settings? If so can you please tell me how to do this. If that is not it can you give me some helpful hints on what I should try doing or look into.

Oh and I don't know if this will help but when I download something, that is not in the program get, when I just start to download something off a site and save it into My Documents it only takes like 1 second for a 10 MB download... And it usally takes atleast 1 min +. And the Icon on the download gives me the icon of an item that I can't open because it never downloaded its a white square with some colored dots in it.. but when I look in My Documents it has the .torrent icon on it.

#2 is a chart. You look up your upload speed on the chart...to find the settings to use in uTorrent.

So are you even having download problems using your web browser? (Internet Explorer? Firefox?)

A .torrent file shouldn't be 10 MB in size...it's just the small file uTorrent uses to find the files named inside itself.

Ok this is a mistake on my end, I can deffinatly tell. I think I may have found the problem... The first link in your sig is were I found it I was in the wrong part of the Thread I didn't relize that it went down so I looked at the speed problems and I tried one of the things it said (test port) and I found out that, that port is not open so how do I fix the port?

Ok I keep trying different ports, using the Random Port button, but everyone I try it keeps saying error no open port.... and so on. So is there something blocking these ports?

Ok I tried shutting off Windows Firewall but that did nothing... I have McAfee Security Center (my virus protection), and System Mechanic (cleans up unused space, defrag program). So I shut off the Firewall, but nothing happend what else should I be shutting off... and can you tell me where to find them in my control panel.

Ok I did get it to download, I have version 1.7.7 but I have another problem now, I am downloading at 15 kB/s... I ran the speed test and it has me at about 400+ I usally get a 150 kb/s avg when I am downloading something from Steam, iTunes, ect. So now is it just the program downloading slow (since its p2p) or is there something I can do to make it faster.

Alright worked for about 15% of the d/l then stopped.

McAfee Security Center certainly contains a software firewall...and may be poorly coded to prevent uTorrent from running full speed. :(

Uninstalling it for testing purpose is a wise choice...but while you do that have Windows firewall active if you don't have a router.

You probably need to run HijackThis! and Process Explorer to see what else is (lurking) on your computer.

Switeck thank you so much for all your help, I figured it out.... don't know what I did but it worked, I may not have the best d/ling and uploading speed but it works for now since I don't do huge get huge flies. Again thank you so much for your help and assistance.

Archived