How do i turn off upload completly and remain downloading?

polyfiller

My ISP is using a quota system and my torrent site uses a ratio system to prevent leeching. My quota is low sometimes and then i wish to use the little quota remaining to download and only download. My ratio on the site is high enough to allow me to leech some.

So how do i block upload and still allow download at full speed?

hehe, indeed. Some people aren't so lucky :( Most in Australia have HORRID quotas, and they don't get "free download" time, etc.

Until then though you should be able to check your remaining usage... and if not, they really don't have much cause IMO for charging you especially if they didn't give previous notice SOMEHOW :/ They can be forgiving if it's your first time breaching (unless you are on a cell plan and think you have "unlimited" downloads)

Hehehe, i moved to Umeå around year 2003 to study, just when i arraived they switched from free internet to a municipality owned company called Kommunicera with 10/10 mbit and 6GB quotas.

A year a go or so they changed the quota to 12GB. And in the fall they will go away and open up the network for other ISP:s which will be cheaper, faster and no quotas.

However, i am going to move back to Stockholm at the end of this month, where Bredbandsbolaget is giving me 100/10 access to the internet without quotas.

Well 12GB/month is equal to a 5.6kb modem or something like that. And that is not broadband in my eyes, it is crap. I really feel sorry for everyone in Australia and everyone else stuck with a quota, it is only a cheap excuse for the internet service providers to provide broadband when you can't even listen to internet radio 24/7. :/ Lyckily enough I will be liberated from that misery soon enough. Heheheh. :)

//A little bit too sloshed polyfiller

edit: type-o, and there is probobly more, and i accuse the alkohol for them. :D

Archived