uTorrent checking an EXTERNAL IP ADDRESS!

Wabolas

Hey guys, I think I may know why I have so many problems with port forwarding. I have Windows XP SP 3, Siemens Speedstream 4200 modem from Bell, and a Linksys WRT54G V5 router. (I know the whole talk about the WRT54G routers, so please dont bring it up!) My Local Area Connection IP address is lets say 192.168.1.105. My external IP address is lets say 64.229.236.56. When I use uTorrent's port checker to see if I have port 45682 opened, it checks the port on my external ip address, not my local area connection one. Why is this? Does this mean that my modem is the problem because the external IP address 'lives' there? Is there a way I can make it so that my external IP address forwards stuff to my LAC one?

Thanks for the help,

Wabolas

So when it checks my external IP address and says that it's not forwarded correctly, would you guess that it is my modem or my router's fault. I've done port forwarding on my router to perfection but to no success. There is port forwarding on my modem as far as I know but I cannot access it because when I try to it says I dont have access. I've searched everywhere for a way to 'unlock' it so I can change administrator settings, but I cant get it to unlock. Any suggestions?

Archived