I Get Red "Not Connectable", yet I Don't Have a Firewall on...

accountable

Not Connectable: A firewall/router is limiting your network traffic. You need to open up a port so others can connect to you.

I have read the thread indicating how to properly ask a question, so I'll try to give as much information as I can.

Previous troubleshooting measures: (in order of occurrence)

In Windows XP SP3:

>Assigned IP address 192.168.1.9 and other DNS server addresses,

In Linksys WRT54G V8 Router:

>Restored factory defaults in Administration=>Factory Defaults,

>Encrypted wireless connection,

>Forwarded port 61174 to 192.168.1.9,

>Unblocked Anonymous Internet Requests in Security=>Firewall,

In Windows XP SP3:

>Turned off windows firewall,

>Downgraded uTorrent to 1.6.1 build 490,

>Reinstalled uTorrent 1.8 build 11200,

>Installed Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 ver. 6.5.2355.316.0597,

>Restarted computer,

>Set firewall policy to "Block Most" and allowed all activity for utorrent,

>Set firewall policy to "Allow Most",

>Uninstalled Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 ver. 6.5.2355.316.0597

Miscellaneous Information:

>http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=61174 returns an error,

>ISP is not blocking utorrent,

>No security software is installed

Also, I would like to add that, after forwarding port 6112-6119 to 192.168.1.9 on my router, I am still unable to host game on Blizzard's Battle.net. This is the only prerequisite for people behind routers.

To double check this axiom, though, I forwarded the same port array to my laptop's LAN address, and I was able to host games on my laptop via the same wireless connection to the same router. This, I am sure, rules out any possibility of the problem existing from poor router configuration.

I'm grasping at straws. You guys are the only things standing between "Me" and "Me with a reinstalled OS".

That's usually my first solution to any Software problems and annoyances that I can't immediately fix. (I have a OS backup file archive on an external HHD.)

The only thing stopping me is the hassle of backing up all my files recently downloaded, and reinstalling my plethora of programs.

I just want to fix this minor problem. Firefox works fine, even through TOR; I can still max out my bandwidth - both downstream and upstream... I can still IM, play Blizzard games online, and even host my own Apache web server (well, the address is 127.0.0.1, so I can only connect to it while actually on it).

Hi, sorry for taking so long to respond... I've been having some CPU overheating issues; I'm actually stealing my brother's dual core processor in place of my faulty quad core, which I think may just need a new coat of paste (*crosses fingers*).

I'm still getting unsolicited reboots from my computer when I'm doing CPU-intensive things, such as watching a video or playing a game; but I'm running Core Temp and the temperature is normal (~33C; currently 22/25), so it may be a software issue. Although, I have been surfing the web and coding for about 30 minutes now, and my computer hasn't rebooted, which is odd, because it rebooted only 1 minute into played Starcraft (which is no Crysis, I might add...). Later today I may (yet again) reinstall Windows XP to see if that resolves this issue... I do hope it's a software issue...

Anyway, as we know, simply reinstalling Windows does not resolve my other, networking issue. But when I directly connect to my modem, the problem disappears. I would also like to point out that when I connect to my router through my Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Controller (on my ASUS P5W DH Deluxe), the networking issues remain.

jewlisheaven: I don't know that that means.

I just got back online after having serious router issues... I couldn't connect through it; it just randomly happened. I called linksys and they walked me through a firmware upgrade (to v8.00.5), which fixed my issue, and got me back online.

I crossed my fingers, hoping it would also resolve my port forward issue, but it didn't... utorrent's portcheck still returns an error. In hindsight, I probably should have mentioned this issue to that linksys chick... I guess I'll call them up again.

Anyway, also that Toredo application that utorrent installed on my system a while back is, well, still on my system, after having reinstalling windows, oh, about 3 times. Also, this indelible Internet Gateway Connection in my Network Connections also doesn't seem to want to go away (I connected this computer through another computer to the internet about 3 windows installations ago as well.

All these networking configurations sticking to my PC may be the source of my port forwarding problem...

Hi All, what does it mean when the download / up-load indicator arrow is red instead of green, even after the whole file downloads & is seeding?

This only happens on one or two, some other files being downloaded would be green!

Nuts: thank you for high-jacking my thread (a$$hole)

Switeck: I already inferred that the problem existed out side the scope of utorrent, since the same installation of utorrent had been working with the exact same LAN address (192.168.1.9) until _something_ occurred of which this problem is a symptom.

Everyone, thank you for your time, but I think I need to go elsewhere for my issue.

Archived