force re-checking deletes finished torrent?!

gaxor

First off, I believe my computer is cursed.

So here's my story: I created my own torrent (4GB) and uploaded it a few times, then I had to wipe my hard drive, so when I put the torrent data back together from my backup drive, I downloaded the .torrent file and copied my data to the download location for the particular torrent and told uTorrent to force re-check so it would recognize the data and continue uploading. Unfortunately uTorrent said there was nothing there, and deleted the 4GB iso. So here I am having to re copy 4 gigs every time I want to try again and it's getting annoying. Does anyone know how to help me fix this?

The file structure is one folder with 2 objects: an iso and a txt. All I'm worrying about is the iso and the txt is worthless anyway. I actually started to download the torrent so I wouldn't have the file structure problem. So I went into the folder where uTorrent put the .iso.!ut (love that feature!) and replaced the .iso.!ut with the full .iso then started uTorrent again and forced the re-check of the torrent. From there is when it replaces the .iso with the .iso.!ut

It would make sense if the iso that i put in there wasn't completed but it's the exact one that I started the torrent with in the first place and it starts re-downloading it from 0%

I feel really bad for the leechers that are hanging there with no seeders :-/

The two ISOs do not match. Or you are not selecting the correct folder. When you selection the location, you have to specify the folder the ISO & TXT is in. This is slightly counter-intuitive because "Download Location" for µTorrent directory may be c:\downloads, but your video for "Set Download Location" would actually be c:\downloads\video -- I hope that makes sense.

Archived