Red arrows

murjo

Guys, pls help me.

I've been using utorrent for ages now and no problems whatsoever. 2-3 days ago I noticed that all the torrents went to having red arrows. I am plugged directly into the VDSL modem. No router, no firewall. Running a decent 20/2Mbit connection. I also have a green icon on the bottom all the time and when I test if the port is open is says that everything is OK.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

I've read all the related topics in the forum, but could not find a solution anywhere. I also tried to download a file from http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ , but after a few minutes the arrow went red despite the 100 seeders.

I would be really grateful if you could advise.

Thank you!

Hi all. I HAD recently the same problem. I've turned off "peer.resolve_country", "Resolve IP's" and lowered halfopen from 32 to 16. The problem was SOLVED. But I still have one question - why this problem appears AFTER updating to RC1 version? :) However, maybe just uTorrent is getting much more "sensitive" to Forced options a.k.a. more halfopens, more connections than recomended and so on. Which, in fact, is maybe GOOD - makes people to choose some Realistic options and not to choose Desired options. :)

Anyway - RC1 works fine, just you need to TUNE it a little bit.... :) and... follow ALL the steps in FAQs :)

DJPlamen said:

"lowered halfopen from 32 to 16. The problem was SOLVED. But I still have one question - why this problem appears AFTER updating to RC1 version?"

Doesn't matter how loud we scream if people aren't around to listen. :(

Microsoft RE-patches Windows in XP and Vista to *ONLY* allow 10 half open connections AT MOST.

You tell uTorrent to use more, and uTorrent builds up a queue of wish-to-try ips that may grow till bad things happen.

It may require busy torrents with LOTS of peer and seed ips to try to trigger the overload, since with fewer ALL ips can be tried even at 10 at once without delays.

Attempting to make >10 outgoing connections at once while accepting untold numbers of incoming peer and seed connections as well AND any tracker traffic AND DHT network AND any web browsing you might have going as well...can be a bit too much on many networking hardware and software products. (Hint: most is junk that'll fold up under the load, some just do it quick and spectacularly...others slowly/silently degrade till rebooted.)

Guys,

Thank you very much for the feedback. It is definitely well appreciated.

The problem seemed to be in some Win XP update plus NOD32 update. Re-patched the tcpip.sys + the newer version of NOD32 (3.xx) and it has been working perfect for the 24hrs.

Once again, thanks for the help :)

Respect

Archived