Help again

happyfarms

Im a new user and my torrents that im downloading are not giving me any seeders or leechers, it also says that its waiting for anouncment. I have put utorrent on my exceptions on my firewall, I have tried uninstalling it and rei-installing it but that didnt work. my friend that is a frequent user of utorrent has tried to help me and he belives that I need a certain port number for my dlink router, I would try to find the number but i don't know of anyother way then going through all of the port numbers which will take ages. Im trying to switch my modem into the room were my computer is so i can have a direct connection to my modem so i dont have to deal with the router issue. I have tried port forwarding but still nothing is happening. And now under the general tab on utorrent it says "no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it". If someone is still reading this please help.

1st link in my signature is a big troubleshooting guide to try step-by-step to solve your problem.

My guess: You've got a software firewall blocking uTorrent. Port forwarding the router ALONE will not be enough.

Your modem may also contain a mini-router and/or firewall that need to be configured or disabled.

Its not my modem either i think my pc itself is blocking it because i tried torrenting on my computer hooked to my modem directly and it downloaded the torrent fine except for an error when i tried transfering it to my computer that said i should check if i was connected to the internet, but thats another story (or least i hope).

Archived