port forwarding/download speeds

thechats

Firstly, I am not very computer literate and am a simple user only. In otherwords, I am an excellent driver, but I dont know the first thing about ny cars engine, other than where to fut the petrol.

I am having the common problem of the dreaded yellow triangle. I have visited portforwarding.com and followe alltheir instruction to the letter. However, I still have the yellow triangle. When i test if the port i have forwarded is in fact forwarded using the test on utorrents speed guide, it tells me that it is not. I have gone through the portforwarding.com procedure three times now in checking....same same. why does it appear to someone like me, who is not a computer genis, that a simple thing like using utorrents in its simplest use becomes rocket science.

i am also experiencing very low download sedd but upload speeds seem to be 4 times faster.

Can anyone help please.

In replying, please imagine that I am an infant.I do not understand computer speak, abbrieviations and technical phrases.Yes when I comes to computers I am a caveman

thanks

Computer networking is a WHOLE lot more complex than it was in early dial-up days.

You may have port forwarded your router just fine. The listening port uTorrent uses needs to be forwarded from your router to your computer's LAN ip address (typically 192.168.1.101 or similar -- 192.168.1.1 is possibly your router's LAN ip address).

You could even have multiple software firewalls, 1 "standard" software firewall such as Zone Alarm (which is total junk) or Windows XP's...and a mini-firewall hidden in your antivirus/antispyware software. These need to be configured to allow uTorrent access to/from the internet OR to be removed.

Your modem may also be a mini-router and/or firewall...that needs to be configured or disabled.

portforwarding.com can help you do that at least. :)

thanks gents. I followed everything you sugested, plus I went through everything again with portfowarding.com........nothing, so I left it running at snails pace.totally pissed off and went shopping for she that must be obeyed.......just ad another peek and bugger me..ITS WORKING.I HAVE A GREEN AND THE PORT IS NOW OPEN

THAKS AGAIN

Archived