PG2 vs Torrent Privacy

JackDinn

yep very interesting reading, i was fairly sure it wasn't up 2 much and was just a way for som1 to make a little dosh at no risk to themselves just the user who is lead into a false sense of security.

i was already aware of the limitations of PG and any type of IP blocker as how hard is it to get another IP not hard so lists are pretty much useless, but PG does do what its supposed to do block specific IP`s and thats fine.

thx for the links

JackDinn

If you must use an ip blocklist, put it into uTorrent's ipfilter.dat blocklist.

uTorrent will keep retrying ips in PG2's blocklist, since it doesn't know why it cannot connect.

With ipfilter.dat, only incoming connections will occur on blocked ips.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So, what's up now with Torrent Privacy? Even Torrentreactor is promoting it and I've not seen any negative review. A friend of mine uses it and the only thing he complains about is that the software crashes every 7 hours or so - Otherwise he is very happy with it, his download speed has gone through the roof because his ISP is throttling BitTorrent traffic, and now he can circumvent that with TP.

Honestly I'm thinking of joining them (there seem to have a heavy discount for the moment), but what with anonymity? Is this VPN/SSH stuff really secure?! Don't wanna get sued... While downloading some ubuntu image of course wink1.gif

Archived