utorrent maximum upload rate?!

rpuntoit

Unfortunately, that does not help me at all. I am still having uploads that are over the limit I set even after I Limit local peer bandwidth. I am on cable connection and despite having a decent download bandwidth, my ISP always offers a very low upload to download bandwidth ratio. Up to 8mbits for downloads and 256kbit for uploads. Not to mention that the bandwidth is actually shared between users under the same ISP for every flats. So my upload is actually much lesser, thus I had to set it to around 10 to 15kb. Anyone higher would cause saturation and I will have problem even with normal surfing.

But the torrents often go pass my upload limit to above 20, which end up me having problem even during normal surfing sometimes. Is there a solution for this?

Just for giggles, have you made sure that the upload rate is set properly? You can double check by right clicking on the upload speed in the bottom right hand corner of uTorrent, make sure it's set to 10 or 15kb/sec and even try setting the upload bandwidth on the torrents by right clicking them going to bandwidth allocation, set upload limit. I'm just suggesting this to see if the limits are actually working, I know they work on mine and rarely go 1-2kb/sec over.

Archived