Is there a maximum number of torrents

xero

The problem I am having is an indicated critical error. These I have had occasionally and a Force Recheck has solved them previously. I have had 8 such errors in the last 24 hours, 3 yesterday and 5 today.

I have checked setup, speed guide and the other FAQs and these appear to be similar to what they always have been. No firewall changes recently, I am out of ideas.

Asking about the maximum number was a bit speculative, have you any other suggestions? :/

If windows is crashing, uTorrent needs to force recheck.

uTorrent may be indirectly causing windows to crash, but critical errors are almost always caused by other failures.

Marginal networking hardware and software are always a good thing to check.

Critical Error as in BSOD? When your screen turns blue and reboots OR the screen goes blue and gives you a message please write that message down, check http://google.com for the THIS_MESSAGE_IS_ALWAYS_CAPITALS and/or just the hexadecimal error code (usually the first will suffice 0x12345678 (0x90ABCDEF, 0x12345678, 0x90ABCDEF, 0x12345678) is the format)

The Critical Error is not quite as severe as BSOD, and Windows does not crash. (If I am in the wrong part of the forum, apologies, I am an occasional visitor and this seems like trouble needing shooting.)The flag for the affected torrents is "X" which the FAQ/User guide describes as a critical error, that is why I used that term. The popup that accompanied these errors says that µTorrent cannot find the files in the location specified.

The original downloads all remain in the download folder, I scan with AV and anti spyware before copying to other locations. I don't even open folders in "Downloads" , I don't rename so they have been altered in any way, and µTorrent should be able to find them. 7 out of 8 have share ratios above 1 so the client has found them previously, and the downloads date from April to this month. I can't find anything they have in common.

I have had this happen occasionally (2 or 3 times perhaps) in the past and Force Recheck solved the problem. This time I had 8 errors inside 24 hours, and Force Recheck did not correct the problem, the torrents remained stopped and the completed column shows 0% in most cases.

Having so many error in such a short period I wondered if there was a maximum number of torrents the client can handle - that is why I started the thread with that question.

That is about the whole story, so if it makes sense to someone please say so.:/

Hi Firon,

No I am not saving to an external drive. My Downloads folder is on the C drive and in the first instance I copy scanned downloads to other folders on the same drive.

Until reading your post I was unaware of the Event Viewer's existence. What I have described happened in the main µTorrent window with message bubbles from the tray icon. I'm still:/

I agree that the problem is not due to any limit.

What prompted the first post was the client not being able to find files for 8 torrents in less than 24 hours, which left a round 200 unaffected. Being a bit unsettled by so many torrents behaving strangely in a short period, and for lack of any other ideas I started out posing the question about limits.

It looks like the issue with those torrents is likely to remain a mystery. But what is life without the odd mystery? :rolleyes:

Hi Switeck

One afternoon I opened the client and there was a popup which said that uTorrent could not find the files for 3 completed torrents. I checked and they were in the original download location and force recheck (which usually sorts these problems) was not able to do so. The following morning same message covering 5 completed torrents, and again force recheck did not find them.

A day or 2 ago I had a similar message and force recheck sorted it out as it usually does. So force recheck is doing it's stuff, just could not find these files.

8 torrents inside 24 hours made me wonder wtf and I was bamboozled.

But to stick to the point the files were still on my hard drive, in the original location, and unaltered in any way - as I say above I scan completed downloads for viruses and spyware and copy to other locations before opening.:/

This is possible, I do have Nero but not Roxio. The first 3 torrents to be affected by this problem occurred on start up so I am (initially) inclined to say not possible. However I have had instances of both uTorrent and Firefox telling me they were already running but not accessible when I start up. This is illogical but it happens.:rolleyes:

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

Hi Ultima,

Sorry to be so long responding to your post.

I will post the Hijack This and Process Explorer results but first add some extra info. This is utterly bizarre and I do not understand how this happened, so I will just lay it out and see what you think.

Since your post I located the files that uTorrent was unable to locate. My downloads all go to a folder called Downloads in My Documents, uTorrent created this folder when it installed. I found another folder called Downloads in My Pictures and it contained the missing downloads. I cannot explain how this happened, I have been guilty of accidentally dragging and dropping a folder somewhere I did not want it to go, but how a folder was created, and how eight downloaded files were somehow relocated to this folder is beyond any mistake I could have made and apart from now knowing where the files uTorrent was unable to find were located I don't know if this answers the question. When Force recheck could not locate the files they were still in downloads as well as these extra ones in a sub folder of My Pictures.

Here is the Hijack This log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 2:42:09 PM, on 9/08/2008

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16674)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe

C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.EXE

C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\OpwareSE4.exe

C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageMonitor.exe

C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TimounterMonitor.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe

C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe

C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE

C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe

C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe

C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe

C:\Program Files\Chestah Software\Westnet Usage\Westnet C.exe

C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe

C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\CNAB3RPK.EXE

C:\Program Files\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Fomatik\TrueImageTryStartService.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\ccc.exe

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: Canon Easy Web Print Helper - {68F9551E-0411-48E4-9AAF-4BC42A6A46BE} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\EWPBrowseLoader.dll

O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll

O2 - BHO: FDMIECookiesBHO Class - {CC59E0F9-7E43-44FA-9FAA-8377850BF205} - C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\iefdm2.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [skyTel] SkyTel.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [startCCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpwareSE4] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\OpwareSE4.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TrueImageMonitor.exe] C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageMonitor.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcronisTimounterMonitor] C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TimounterMonitor.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis Scheduler2 Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 7.0] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRISOVM.EXE] C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-Watch] C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\Ad-Watch2007.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [scanSoft OmniPage SE 4.0-reminder] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\Ereg\Ereg.exe" -r "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\Ereg\ereg.ini"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Westnet Usage] "C:\Program Files\Chestah Software\Westnet Usage\Westnet C.exe" /startup

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [spybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PeerGuardian] C:\Program Files\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')

O4 - Startup: ERUNT AutoBackup.lnk = C:\Program Files\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE

O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE

O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = ?

O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Download all with Free Download Manager - file://C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dlall.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Download selected with Free Download Manager - file://C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dlselected.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Download video with Free Download Manager - file://C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dlfvideo.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with Free Download Manager - file://C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dllink.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll/RC_AddToList.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll/RC_HSPrint.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll/RC_Preview.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll/RC_Print.html

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204

O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1206160608800

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{8CB6E069-C4C5-48BA-9172-25314F9F7467}: NameServer = 192.168.1.254

O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll

O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe

O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe

O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe

O23 - Service: ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (Bonjour Service) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe

O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe

O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE

O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe

O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe

O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe

O23 - Service: Acronis Try And Decide Service (TryAndDecideService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Fomatik\TrueImageTryStartService.exe

O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

--

End of file - 13815 bytes

And here is what I got from Process Explorer, I am not sure if I did the latter right or not:

Process PID CPU Description Company Name

System Idle Process 0 96.21

Interrupts n/a Hardware Interrupts

DPCs n/a 0.76 Deferred Procedure Calls

System 4

smss.exe 1236 Windows NT Session Manager Microsoft Corporation

csrss.exe 1284 Client Server Runtime Process Microsoft Corporation

winlogon.exe 1320 Windows NT Logon Application Microsoft Corporation

services.exe 1364 Services and Controller app Microsoft Corporation

ati2evxx.exe 1536 ATI External Event Utility EXE Module ATI Technologies Inc.

svchost.exe 1556 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1652 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1740 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1816 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1896 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

vsmon.exe 1908 TrueVector Service Zone Labs, LLC

ccSetMgr.exe 732 Symantec Settings Manager Service Symantec Corporation

ccEvtMgr.exe 756 Symantec Event Manager Service Symantec Corporation

SPBBCSvc.exe 864 SPBBC Service Symantec Corporation

spoolsv.exe 908 Spooler SubSystem App Microsoft Corporation

CNAB3RPK.EXE 2940 Canon Advanced Printing Technology RPC Server Process CANON INC.

schedul2.exe 2236 Acronis Scheduler 2 Acronis

guard.exe 2280 AVG Anti-Spyware guard GRISOFT s.r.o.

mDNSResponder.exe 2376 Bonjour Service Apple Computer, Inc.

DefWatch.exe 2524 Virus Definition Daemon Symantec Corporation

svchost.exe 2616 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

Rtvscan.exe 2932 Symantec AntiVirus Symantec Corporation

TrueImageTryStartService.exe 3060

alg.exe 232 Application Layer Gateway Service Microsoft Corporation

lsass.exe 1376 LSA Shell (Export Version) Microsoft Corporation

ati2evxx.exe 1960 ATI External Event Utility EXE Module ATI Technologies Inc.

explorer.exe 560 Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation

RTHDCPL.EXE 1084 Realtek HD Audio Control Panel Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

ccApp.exe 1264 Symantec User Session Symantec Corporation

VPTray.exe 1268 Symantec AntiVirus Symantec Corporation

GrooveMonitor.exe 1444 GrooveMonitor Utility Microsoft Corporation

OpWareSE4.exe 1704 OCR Aware ScanSoft, Inc.

TrueImageMonitor.exe 1720 Acronis True Image Monitor Acronis

TimounterMonitor.exe 1796 Monitor for Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer Acronis

schedhlp.exe 1876 Acronis Scheduler Helper Acronis

avgas.exe 1944 AVG Anti-Spyware GRISOFT s.r.o.

acrotray.exe 1868 AcroTray Adobe Systems Inc.

jusched.exe 2076 Java Platform SE binary Sun Microsystems, Inc.

PWRISOVM.EXE 2116 PowerISO Virtual Drive Manager PowerISO Computing, Inc.

winampa.exe 2144

zlclient.exe 2160 ZoneAlarm Client Zone Labs, LLC

Westnet C.exe 2288 Westnet Usage Chestah Software

TeaTimer.exe 2808 System settings protector Safer Networking Limited

pg2.exe 2948 PeerGuardian 2 Methlabs

ctfmon.exe 3112 CTF Loader Microsoft Corporation

firefox.exe 2060 Firefox Mozilla Corporation

thunderbird.exe 3728 Mozilla Thunderbird Mozilla Corporation

wmplayer.exe 3024 1.52 Windows Media Player Microsoft Corporation

uTorrent.exe 2548

procexp.exe 3544 0.76 Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

MOM.exe 1516 Catalyst Control Center: Monitoring program Advanced Micro Devices Inc.

CCC.exe 3384 Catalyst Control Centre: Host application ATI Technologies Inc.

HijackThis.exe 2784 HijackThis Trend Micro Inc.

notepad.exe 2384 0.76 Notepad Microsoft Corporation

Process: uTorrent.exe Pid: 2548

Name Description Company Name Version

ACTIVEDS.dll ADs Router Layer DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

adsldpc.dll ADs LDAP Provider C DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

ADVAPI32.dll Advanced Windows 32 Base API Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

ATL.DLL ATL Module for Windows XP (Unicode) Microsoft Corporation 3.05.2284.0001

c_936.nls

CLBCATQ.DLL Microsoft Corporation 2001.12.4414.0700

COMCTL32.dll User Experience Controls Library Microsoft Corporation 6.00.2900.5512

comdlg32.dll Common Dialogs DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.00.2900.5512

COMRes.dll Microsoft Corporation 2001.12.4414.0700

ctype.nls

DNSAPI.dll DNS Client API DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5625

GDI32.dll GDI Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

hnetcfg.dll Home Networking Configuration Manager Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

IMM32.DLL Windows XP IMM32 API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

Iphlpapi.dll IP Helper API Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

kernel32.dll Windows NT BASE API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

locale.nls

mdnsNSP.dll Bonjour Namespace Provider Apple Computer, Inc. 1.00.0003.0001

MPRAPI.dll Windows NT MP Router Administration DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

MSCTF.dll MSCTF Server DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

msctfime.ime Microsoft Text Frame Work Service IME Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

msvcrt.dll Windows NT CRT DLL Microsoft Corporation 7.00.2600.5512

mswsock.dll Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5625

NETAPI32.dll Net Win32 API DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

ntdll.dll NT Layer DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

ole32.dll Microsoft OLE for Windows Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

OLEAUT32.dll Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

OpHookSE4.dll OCR Aware Hook (32-bit) ScanSoft, Inc. 15.00.0000.0000

rasadhlp.dll Remote Access AutoDial Helper Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

RPCRT4.dll Remote Procedure Call Runtime Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

rtutils.dll Routing Utilities Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

SAMLIB.dll SAM Library DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

Secur32.dll Security Support Provider Interface Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

SETUPAPI.dll Windows Setup API Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

SHELL32.dll Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation 6.00.2900.5512

SHLWAPI.dll Shell Light-weight Utility Library Microsoft Corporation 6.00.2900.5512

sortkey.nls

sorttbls.nls

unicode.nls

USER32.dll Windows XP USER API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

uTorrent.exe

uxtheme.dll Microsoft UxTheme Library Microsoft Corporation 6.00.2900.5512

VERSION.dll Version Checking and File Installation Libraries Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

winrnr.dll LDAP RnR Provider DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

WLDAP32.dll Win32 LDAP API DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

WS2_32.dll Windows Socket 2.0 32-Bit DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

WS2HELP.dll Windows Socket 2.0 Helper for Windows NT Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

wshtcpip.dll Windows Sockets Helper DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

If there are clues in this I would appreciate your opinion, this is all a bit beyond my normal ken. (This must be the longest post I have ever made on a forum) :rolleyes:

Nero's file indexer:

O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe

Zone Alarm firewall is still running, it too can disrupt uTorrent:

O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

Thanks Switeck,

I thought I had disabled Nero's file indexer. I heard it can be a bit of a RAM hog, so I will tidy that up.

With Zone Alarm I get a message saying I am not connectible but I still seem to download and upload okay. Just had a look at the client's logger and it has been running for 3 hours exactly and uploaded (seeded) 600mb.

Also I was able to download definitions and a new version of Spybot.

Thanks for your help though. You distilled more from the logs than I could and I appreciate it.:)

Archived