Wierd Speed Problem...Please help

insomni40

My ISP is Qualitynet

I pay for dsl "1 mbps Speed"

I have Symantec Antivirus

My Router is Lynksys WAG325N

I've followed the Utorrent configuration tutorials and configured as well as opened up the proper ports in my router...

I'm only able to achieve a maximum speed of 62 kbps on down loads but when I go to bandwidth allocation on Utorr and set the limit to 10 kbps for about a minute and then reset the limit to "unlimited" the speed climbs up to about 400 kbps for a few seconds and then drops down to 62 or 64 kbps and stays with in that range.

My question is how can I keep the speed at the 300-400 kbps? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated......

These are my Glasnost test results:

Is BitTorrent traffic on a well-known BitTorrent port (6881) throttled?

* The BitTorrent upload (seeding) worked. Our tool was successful in uploading data using the BitTorrent protocol.

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent uploads. In our tests a TCP upload achieved minimal 204 Kbps while a BitTorrent upload achieved maximal 214 Kbps. You can find details here.

* The BitTorrent download worked. Our tool was successful in downloading data using the BitTorrent protocol.

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests a TCP download achieved minimal 401 Kbps while a BitTorrent download achieved maximal 399 Kbps. You can find details here.

Is BitTorrent traffic on a non-standard BitTorrent port (10009) throttled?

* The BitTorrent upload (seeding) worked. Our tool was successful in uploading data using the BitTorrent protocol.

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent uploads. In our tests a TCP download achieved minimal 253 Kbps while a BitTorrent download achieved maximal 222 Kbps. You can find details here.

* The BitTorrent download worked. Our tool was successful in downloading data using the BitTorrent protocol.

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests a TCP download achieved minimal 359 Kbps while a BitTorrent download achieved maximal 365 Kbps. You can find details here.

Is TCP traffic on a well-known BitTorrent port (6881) throttled?

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits all downloads at port 6881. In our test, a TCP download on a BitTorrent port achieved at least 401 Kbps while a TCP download on a non-BitTorrent port achieved at least 359 Kbps. You can find details here.

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits all uploads at port 6881. In our test, a TCP upload on a BitTorrent port achieved at least 204 Kbps while a TCP upload on a non-BitTorrent port achieved at least 253 Kbps. You can find details here.

If any more info is needed please let me know and I will do my best to provide it... Thank you in advance to every one who took the time to read my post....

Respectfully,

insomni40

I gave up on the last post and just dealt with it..... But I did upgrade my service last month..... The ISP had a special where if we renewed they would give us double the speed we originally had..... It has increased but only by 2 0r 3 kbps on a great day...My upload is at 19 kbps which is about 80% of the normal average speed....

As for the other problem Utorrent still sometimes says I'm connectable even though I can't connect to any seeds and the tracker site lists me as "unconnectable" or "- -". But The speed thing is what is annoying me .... Thanks for responding....

Archived