Any way to change passkeys on blocks of torrents at once?

ProfitProphet

Can anyone suggest a way, if it's even possible, to change the passkey on multiple torrents at one time?

Changing them one by one is obviously tedious and time consuming.

I've searched for a method and come up empty, and I'm admittedly not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to the torrent world.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

How many torrents do you have to edit? Its a one time change - just do it and it'll be done with. If you're familiar with AutoHotKey you can automate it too... but by the time you get it set up, you should be done doing the manual way.

I think you can also use the Bencode Editor (do a search on this forum for the program) and do a find and replace on the resume.dat file.

Make sure you close out of utorrent and make a backup copy of resume.dat before you go Bencode editing

Thank you. The BEncode edit method may be the fastest way of changing all the torrents that need to be changed.

I was wondering if there was a central repository of tracker information and I see you've pointed me to it in the resume.dat file.

I'm now assuming that changing the passkey info for torrents in the resume.dat file (with utorrent closed) and reopening the program updates all those torrents that I wished to change.

If you right-click on the Column bar (Name, Size, Done, etc), make the Tracker column visible. Sort by Tracker column. Then select the relevant torrents, then right-click Properties. I assume if you enter the update tracker URL in the tracker box, your selected torrents will be updated?

Archived