problem deleting the program.

salphin

I know this isn't a problem within the use of the program. since i don't understand why it requets access to the internet other then for downloading torrents or what ever they are, i simply don't feel safe allowing it to accept incoming... what ever it is... I simply want to download it only when i need it, use it to transfer the file(s) i wanted then simply remove utorrent. it really is disconserting to think it may have the ability to send out private information or allow someone to hack my computer. i tried putting the program in the recycle bin. (I use windows vista...) it requested permission to do it and i clicked allow then it said it needs permission and try again/cancel. I have used the program once before and it didn't have any trouble iradicating the program before, but now it is being a pain in the rear end. i can't allow it to remain on my comp, any suggestions? i want it G O N E.

If you have had such a problem and know how to resolve it please email me through the form.

thanks to anyone who can help! god bless everyone!

i'm not saying magically. things are bound to laws. however the post you added doesn't tell me why it keeps saying i need permission to delete it then after i give it permission to delete it, it says 'you need permission to perform this action.' then try again and cancel. you may well be right about it being safe and your comment on why it requires the ability to accept incoming internet requests or what ever it does.

irregardless, i still want to be able to remove the program once i'm done using it. if i don't need it all that often let alone alll that much, why keep it on my computer? and isn't there a possibility that someone could have found a way to send connetion request over the internet <highly unlikely since they'd need to know my irc and such.) i'm not a technical genius so i wouldn't know much about that.

any help appreciated, and thank you for trying:)

µTorrent is safer than your web browser, which has as much of an ability to send private information out as µTorrent (if not more-so). That is, µTorrent doesn't send out private information, period.

As for why it can't be removed, try restarting your computer and trying again. Failing that, tell us what antivirus you're using.

... That's not a uT message. Be sure you've got OS privileges. What OS are you using? And are you using any security software OTHER than the mentioned "what antivirus do you use?" question.

If you search there was a problem similar to this.... and it wasn't uTorrent's fault then either. Cordiality or at least pleasantness is preferred in a place like this where your answers come from users. Please do so in the future.

actually, i use foxfire wich is constantly being updated for the security of the users. i can't count how often it upgrades hehe, i really trust foxfire. as for os, i belive i already said that, i use vista home premium. i tried checdking privelleges, and it said i have full control... i honestly don't know why i t isn't doing it's job. and how do i know it's so safe (utorrent) and whats the point of doing things this way rather then downloading normally. it just seems like a pointless goround to me. i click and hold the icon then drag and drop on recycle bin. and it says something like you need to confirm this action, i confirm then the screen darkens then the paranoia safety requirement says continue cance, i click continue. then it goes back to the other window wih doesn't give me detail one about why it wasn't successful or even the fact that it wasn't successful and just says the same thing then instead of continue it puts try again. i don't see why it would have been different this time around. i don't know whether i can't stand vista or the program right now, i just want the dang thing gone:( torrent just seems like a waste of time:(

sorry if it takes me some time to respond as i'm only checking this so foten and doing other things at the same time. thanks for helping and feedback would be greatful.

also i'm no techie so i can't really answer most questions if i don't know the answer ofcourse. i guess you cound say thats... why i came here in hopes for some answers. i didn't get this program from the main site merely a download site for the file i actually wanted, but if i do manage to get rid of it, mayhaps i should download it from the main page from now on... might be safest that way, i'm starting to wonder if one of the money grubbers of the site owners from the sitte that i downloaded the file from did something to the program. merely speculation. i'd hope that some sites would be honorable. alas i've found that to be untrue more often then not.

As for why it can't be removed, try restarting your computer and trying again. Failing that, tell us what antivirus you're using.

Additionally, get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here.

When you try to remove µTorrent, make sure it's not actually running. In addition, see if anything suspicious pops up in Process Explorer too. See this thread -- several users have been experiencing odd, malware-related issues that just happen to be targeting µTorrent's executable (for whatever reason -- or maybe they got some malware-infested version).

what is this explorer program you speak of? i don't want to download any more programs. and i don't know anything about dll or threads or what ever. i will book mark this page then try restarting. i know the program wasn't running, i know better then that hehe. just give me a minute. also what the heck is mal/maleware? i simply can't stand virus's and the people who make them... god bless them none the less... it makes no sense to me to do something so cold and malicious since it can really screw up peoples comps. and i'd be mighty pissed if i had to restore all the way back to manufacturers settup/programs. it'd remove all the things that i have that i need. i'd have to go out of my way to buy dvd's then burn all that stuff to it...

huh... well i don't see why one would have to shut down then start up again, just to delete the program, but that sure worked like a charm:) thanks a bunch and thanks for tha swift suggestions. by the way i use maccafee, but i don't know when it's subscription ends and i can't afford to pay for it on a monthly basis... and by the way, if there was malware i would have probably or hopefully known unless it's new and unknown as of yet, because i did think to try scanning it after i saw the problem arise. thats when i started desperately searching the help file of the program and found nothing then came here.

thelittlefire... why are you saying i need to take a long walk off a short pier. what did i ever do to you? if you don't want to be here then don't, and hwat were you saying in some other language? I hope you weren't meaning anything rude. i haven't intendet to offend you or anyone. if i have, i sincerely appologize.

at anyrate thanks to those for helping.

at any rate there are a couple of other things i decided to get ahold of first so i didn't actually delete it. well i put it in the bin atleast then restored the file. so i'll go get what i'm hunting for then restart and remove the program. i wont need it ofen and eventually i'll have everything i would ever want/need that this program relates to. again ultima you were the best help and quite quick at replying. sorry if my replies are a bit long to the eyes but i'm an in depth person. thanks to all who tried to help or did help. and thank you ultima very much:)!!!

Archived