No clients working

Overman42

I can't get a single bittorrent client to work. I've googled all of my problems and everything, and done every single suggestion I've seen, and nothing's worked so far. Here's what's going on:

I'm on a campus connection, but at a private college that doesn't interfere with my connection (and I doubt this has changed, since LimeWire still works, except as a bittorrent client). I open up utorrent (or BitComment, or Azureus, etc), and I'm not logged on to DHT. The portforward test says I'm properly forwarded, so I don't think that's the problem. My only firewall is Windows, and utorrent is excepted. Also, any torrent I open is unable to load because it's supposedly corrupted. Any torrent at all. Torrents used to work fine for me, and now I can't get them to work with any client at all.

Bring your computer to a friends house if you can, or home, either as long as the ISP is different. Maybe even find and dial a free ISP and see if getting a .torrent that way works. You could also try another computer in the same college, the result of that test may prove useful.

Since your at a college, do you have another computer at home? Maybe you could send connections through that :/

Using magnet URI's may work for a few torrents, but only if DHT is enabled and you have the currently experimental 1.8.

Archived