Relocated .torrent files - major problems after

So I wanted to use other folder than the dreaded ..\application data\utorrent. Ok, uT works, it loads all the settings from new location... BUT:

I also, naturally, relocated all the .torrent files to new folder. Also specified that one in the settings. Unfortunately, uT keeps looking in the old, now non-existant, folder no matter what. Logically, all torrents are red and keep telling me that they are unable to find the files. This looks like dead end to me. What should I do?

But why do you need the torrents? Are you talking about the green icons that take up a few kb of space? Once you double click on of those to start downloading the data, you can delete it. If that's not what you are talking about, then I guess you mean the downloads in utorrent. Utorrent says they are not there because the folder that it is set to does not have them.

1) I seed the stuff I download. I assume most people don't, judging by your reply... Anyway if you delete the .torrent files, you cannot seed or anything.

2) Managed to readd some of them, BUT all the info about how much I down/uploaded is gone. This is normal and nothing can be done about it?

edit: Problem solved!! http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306

Archived