BitComet .60 > µTorrent 1.3 FakeID Patch

Klaus_1250

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But that's the point, the more trackers ban BitComet, the more such patches and hacks will become prevalent. In the end, banning amounts to a race between programmers to evade banning and detecting those evasions. That's why implementing features such as fakeID and client-banning aren't implemented in µTorrent (I guess), they require a lot of maintanence and updating.

You guys who hate bitcomet and put it down in order to promote utorrent don't really have a clue. The only reason why bitcomet is getting banned is because it allows the user to set the time a server is unavailable before it uses dht despite the private flag. That is it's only flaw. If it honoured the private flag despite server timeouts then all would be well. Note if the tracker never timed out there would never be a problem!

There is just so much bullshit floating around about bitcomet and you all feed off each other that it's just scary. Most of it is untrue and promoted by private trackers to discourage use because they loose income and it's amazing you all buy it. I love bitcomet because it is the best client overall in terms of speed, functionality and footprint. You can all get up in a huff and whatever to defend utorrent but my opinions of it aren't very high, it is an average client at best. The forum has a section specifically devoted to speed problems because everyone who switches has an issue. The speed of this client is lack luster at best and it's not because I don't know how to configure it.

I tried utorrent for a number of months in conjunction with bitcomet and Azureus. I didn't like Azureus because of it's Java pedigree but I'll tell you that unless you are living in poverty and can't afford a reasonable (not the latest/greatest either) PC Azureus is the superior client all the way around (with the exception of bitcomet). This small footprint hysteria is a joke. Just go out and buy a stick of ram for a couple of bucks and not only will your torrent experience seem better but so will everything else. I'm heading back to Azureus as my client because for whatever reason the algorithm employed by utorrent to achieve speed is lacking unless you jump on some obscenely seeded torrent. Just because you can obtain a decent speed on some openoffice torrent doesn't mean jack and it certainly doesn't prove that utorrent is optimal for speed as I have found it isn't.

People don't believe the hype. Unless you are a poverty stricken PC user who can't afford <$100 for a stick of RAM then there are better options out there! Posting this on a utorrent forum I don't expect much. Maybe one day it will get better but that day is not today.

The fact that patches exist out there just tells you what a superior client bitcomet is for people who have tried it. No one goes through all that trouble of patching and potentially getting banned for a poor client unless they really like the client and want to continue using it because there is nothing better out there.

I gotta agree with ReP0 and add this:

Reason to keep bitcomet, even though it's "harming" TB trackers:

1) You can share torrents with friends who wasn't so lucky to get accounts.

2) It will show admins/moderators that they have to let go of some control. Ofcourse, this will not be popular since they have thrived in it for some time.. or atleast the illusion of control.

3) You are not adding to any extra security risk than they are exposed too. "XX XXX" accounts is a pretty major one already.

4) Since you are not a member, you wont have any tracker passkey (its most likely removed from the torrent when you get it). This will turn off any further contact with the tracker and it will not contribute to their bandwidth.

Traxen,

I think the real issue private tracker have is that they loose income when they loose control as with a decentralised model. Most private trackers welcome donations and bombard you with emails and PM's every bloody day about special VIP offers and what not. if you do not need to be a member then there is no chance you will ever donate to them or contribute to their success by seeding and therefore promoting their site for more donations. No tracker really gives a shit about privacy, it's just a smokescreen excuse. It's all about the $$ from donations that drives all this. If privacy was a concern then no logs or records or whatever would be kept of what was downloaded etc.

*sigh*, ReP0, there are many example for why to ban BitComet,

not just for the private flag issue. A few examples:

* threws aways request of other clients

* prioritize bandwidht to other bitcomets

* bitcomet with its patches etc that can turn it into huge cheat client and have fake ID's etc

And about people could buy extra memory and better cpu,

with how much bitcomet takes, you can't watch on a movie or play a game etc while Bitcomet is on.

Plus its not healthy for cpu and memories to constantly work allot.

There are some more things wrong with BitComet besides the private flag issue. If u just search the forums here, I dont have to list them all .....lol

"If u just search the forums here," hahaha that just has to be the funniest thing I've every read. Of course all you utorrent supporters just pick up a rumor and quote it as fact over and over again. As of bitcomet 0.60 the only problem that exist is the private flag issue. FYI utorrent had problems reporting stats when it first started. Are you going to hold it in contempty because of the problems it had in the past and call todays client a cheater or will you just look at todays client and evaluate it there as should be the case. Thats the problems with the bitcomet bashing. Alot of the issues are old news and have been fixed long ago but you guys just won't even consider that.

with how much bitcomet takes, you can't watch on a movie or play a game etc while Bitcomet is on.

You know, there are settings in bc that can fix this thing. So it doesnt allocate your HDD constantly..

Same goes for Azureus and so on...

lol, it's more like you are a hardcore bitcomet fan and you just came here to start arguements.

It's not just here you find complaints, I have read on several forum about Bitcomet cheats etc

This is a good quote about BitComet:

"BitComet is like a runner who trips all the other runners"

And about people could buy extra memory and better cpu' date='

Plus its not healthy for cpu and memories to constantly work allot.[/quote']

You know, there are settings in bc that can fix this thing. So it doesnt allocate your HDD constantly..

Same goes for Azureus and so on...

Did I say anything about the allocation to HDD? :P

*sigh*, ReP0, there are many example for why to ban BitComet,

not just for the private flag issue. A few examples:

* threws aways request of other clients

blullshit. I have users connected and leeching from me from all clients. Other bitcomet clients are queued and stay queued. It's not like I have only bitcomet only leechers day in day out. Get a clue

* prioritize bandwidht to other bitcomets

Basically same point as throwing away requests so you are repeating yourself

* bitcomet with its patches etc that can turn it into huge cheat client and have fake ID's etc

Do you want me to give you a utorrent client which identifies itself as Azuerues or whatever you like. I can run it up for you in 10 minutes. You obviously aren't a coder so you really don't know how it's done otherwise you wouldn't make this comment. It seems like your implying that bitcomet has been specially coded to promote fake ID's which is completely wrong but thats how these rumors start isn't it. Any client is susceptible to patching.

hahaha. You sir have never used bitcomet in your life. I've played FEAR and HL2 all while using the comet and my PC is 3 years old and nothing spectacular. It however does have more than 256M of ram :). And what is this deal about not healthy to constantly work. Do you even have a clue as to how memory works. It's constantly working and being refreshed whether it holds and data you need or not. Man how wrong can you be on all points.

I've been around several places.. and its not looking very different from here. Saying that bitcomet actaully is good.. is like:

"wearing a maidens dress, holding a juicy apple infront of dragon"

End result, you get eaten most of the times :P And the stampede starts all over again. But try this, you dont agree to anything of what we say :P ?

ReP0 looks like to support id spoofs when posting on this thread.

Exactly where did you get that impression. Please quote me. *Sigh* Comprehension of the written word seems to be getting worse with each generation that passes.

Archived